Post Ewan McKenna

I like to support the team that sings my anthem instead of some nonsense song, yes. I like soccer. I hate rugby.

2 Likes

But you don’t even hate rugby, you hate Ireland :man_shrugging:

I dislike Irish rugby immensely yes. Is that not ok? Should I pretend to like it?

I dislike Conor McGregor even though he comes to the cage draped in an Ireland flag.

10 Likes

I remember you making the McGregor comparison before, pure silly stuff, he’s an individual, deeply dislikable taking part in a makey uppey form of competitive violence.

Lookit, good luck to you and congratulations on your victory, I think it’s pathetic but it makes no difference :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess I’ll just have to live with that

And the horse-whipping, obviously

1 Like

Absolutely,

Would you fuck off, hates ireland :joy:

No team with zinzan Brooke, tuigamala, grant fox, Jones X2 , Sean Fitzpatrick, Kirwan and Timu could be called their worst. They’d a number of hall of fame all blacks on that team.

SpEwan has Irish rugby twitter driven demented

Ref Mc Gregor and entourage
Friend in London of late and mcg was there with 2 world famous boxers
All promoting whiskey
( own brands)
Anyways the Dublin outfit left the jacks look like a scene from Jack Frost

Cocaine all over the place

Paddy hasn’t fully matured as a nation yet. @Batigol making an awful eejit of himself here.

I haven’t called for anyone to be horse-whipped yet. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time though.

I feel I probably need to point out that the horsewhipping thing wasn’t really serious, I’d horsewhip nobody

Don’t be so upset if your contrarian views are challenged

And likewise mate.

1 Like

It’s a massively social media thing. Nobody used to actively cheer against Ireland in the 90s/early 00s

Its interesting there hasn’t been much of a backlash against the soccer team or has there? They get a lot of abuse for being shite but I don’t think cheering against them has become a thing at all. Youd imagine rugby fellas would do it even as a tit for tat.

Funny enough I just had a flick through Australia v Ireland in the 1987 Rugby World Cup quarter-final on YouTube and the only Irish jerseys I could see in the crowd were Shamrock Rovers ones with the Lifestyle sponsors’ logo.

You get a better class of people supporting rugby, by and large its braindead pretend ira scum shouting for the 26 soccer team, the irony is off the charts :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s like Limerick, everyone loved the plucky loser, but once they started being relatively successful and blown up by the media some people started thinking they’d gotten too big for their boots

2 Likes

Not really, everybody (neutral or rival) always cheers against a dominant team, it would be more like if Limerick folk in football country cheered against them

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking that. Or soccer and rugby fans in Limerick putting up loads of smiley face emojis when the hurlers lose. You could certainly imagine non gaa dubs delighting in their defeats but I don’t think that happens either. Does it even happen with English rugby? It’s seems to be a uniquely Irish internet phenomenon when you think about it.