Post Recession Tiger Largesse and Excess

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/wexford-bistro-sells-bottle-of-whiskey-for-6000-31257791.html[/QUOTE]
Mac is that the chap who used to hurl minor for Wexford who was run over by a lorry on his way home from DCU?

Its not. That was James McDonald from St Martins or St Annes. He did journalism and the last I heard of him I think he had his own media agency. Possibly had some connection with Oliver Callan too.

Iā€™ll take this one. No.

Bejaysus - looks like he allegedly / apparently gave Callan a bit of a beating

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/nob-nation-star-callan-sues-former-manager-over-alleged-beating-at-home-29179125.html

Sorry about that. He did hurl under age for Wexford this James Oā€™Connor chap and he used to own Greenacres in Carlow

Heā€™d need to be twice as charming as that Arnold from greenacres.

[QUOTE=ā€œMac, post: 1149807, member: 109ā€]Bejaysus - looks like he allegedly / apparently gave Callan a bit of a beating

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/nob-nation-star-callan-sues-former-manager-over-alleged-beating-at-home-29179125.html[/QUOTE]

ā€œthe creative force behind the biting radio satire Nob Nationā€ I just couldnā€™t read any further after that.

I think heā€™s also a brother of Lisa McDonald Simpson, former Bertie Ahern, Seanad appointee and losing Wexford, Fianna Fail candidate in the 2007 General Election.

1 Like

The commercial division behind the Dubs really know how to crank it up. Theyā€™ve been milking pubs for appearances of Sam as well as shaking the bucket in the States 3 times, a night at the dogs 2 weeks ago, a night in the Conrad last week and a race day at Leopardstown in the summer. Now you know where the back room bill goes.

Isnā€™t Mossy over that now? Its some machine, unmatched. Impossible to match. I dont blame them, now is the time to drive it on. Kerry did a massive push last year also to fund the development of the COE.

1500 a table though, holy fuck. Will you be buying one or two tables?

I heard from a Mayo man this morning that for the week between the Mayo/Dubin games earlier this summer, the Dublin lads were given the whole week off work and their wages were paid by the county board. Could this be true?

Yeah Mossy and also Friends of Dublin Football group that was set up earlier this year.

The date doesnā€™t work for me unfortunately - they could have picked a different venue than Croker although they probably owe Central Council a slot after agreeing to Nowlan Park next year.

[quote=ā€œSpidey, post:113, topic:18378, full:trueā€]
Yeah Mossy and also Friends of Dublin Football group that was set up earlier this year.

The date doesnā€™t work for me unfortunately - they could have picked a different venue than Croker although they probably owe Central Council a slot after agreeing to Tullamopre next year.
[/quote]

Ha, and so the wheel turns.

I canā€™t figure this shite. If I were a billionaire, Iā€™d not give a penny to a county board or a county team. Iā€™d sponsor a club, but thatā€™s it. I canā€™t figure why people bother when there are many worthy charities.
Each to their own I suppose.

ā‚¬150 a head is no big deal ffs.

3 Likes

Iā€™d back John Delaney of the FAI :laughing:

Dublin GAA is hard to love. Even the clubs are so big very hard to care beyond your own team

Yeah it s not huge really,how many tables are they selling i wonder,i threw leitrim gaa a score a while back,hopefully it paid for a few sandwhiches

Fuck your bog standard tap water ice lads, peasant shit.

1 Like

Itā€™s a lot to a lad processing tax discs in the county council