Post your favourite meltdowns over President Trump's victory

The Guardian are losing their minds

1 Like

Donald Trump is a friend of the UK, he loves us, heā€™s grandmother is Scottish

2 Likes

Correct, I predicted a Clinton win before the election. I honestly didnā€™t think he could pull it off, given all the negatives against him, much of it self inflicted. I was as shocked as anyone on Tuesday as the evening unfolded, and blue state after blue state flipped to red. At the end of the day, people who vote Republican or lean Republican held their noses and voted for him, and she couldnā€™t get enough of the Democratic vote out in the battleground states.

When all the hysteria dies down and the screamers have had their 15 minutes of fame, reality will set in. This election was always about the economy, and specifically the economy in the states outside the North East and the West coast. After 8 years of Bush and 8 years of Obama, working people (of all demographics) living in those states are earning the same or less than they were 16 years ago, and their expenses have skyrocketed, especially health care and education for their kids. Fundamentally they didnā€™t believe Hillary could or would do anything to improve that situation, and frankly there was nothing she said in the campaign that suggested otherwise.

10 Likes

Top poster alright. I donā€™t agree with much of what you say but you paddle your own canoe, unlike the edgy sheep circle jerk club.

4 Likes

@anon7035031 was the real hero of this election and by a country mile provided the most astute, insightful and thought provoking analysis. He might have wavered a bit amidst the forces that were lined up against us and the attempts by Crooked Hillary and her associates to rig it.

i reckon I can lay claim to the most blinded faith in President Trump to pull it off. I nearly wavered myself even in the face of relentless campaign against him. As late as last Saturday I had doubts and even on Tuesday with those early exit polls from @Sidney. Ultimately I never lost faith in our man and I just knew heā€™d find a way to pull it off. I doubt I would have had the level of faith I had in President Trump without all that insightful analysis from @anon7035031.

[[quote=ā€œGeoffreyBoycott, post:3631, topic:19437ā€]
These are early morning tallies and would naturally be skewed heavily in favour of the Democrats. Our people will be hard at work and are more likely to turn out later in the day. Democrats are mostly crusties and layabouts who donā€™t work and would be in a position to go the polling station in the morning. I can recall gleeful outpourings from the other side in 2004 when exit polling data showed John Kerry winning, yet when raw numbers were released their faces were soon longer than the aforementioned John Kerry as George Walker sailed home
[/quote]

6 Likes

@anon7035031 is the most astute political commentator on USA politics, he remanded me of my unwavering stance on Brexit

2 Likes

Possibly the wrong thread but an interesting take on things nonethelessā€¦

1 Like

You are some hypocrite to be calling anyone a hypocrite

I donā€™t think you understand neo-liberal.

2 Likes

Art of War! Thanks for posting that, pal. Interesting readā€¦

1 Like

This is a winner . Utterly unbeatable .

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/lilyallen/status/796630034857463808

I was wrong

1 Like

Hmmm, But I thought they were? Not to ordinary people anyway. Or maybe to people who bother their arses to go and vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viHJfGJUGzA

@Sidney

:joy:

Some top top posting in this thread guys. With so many meltdowns itā€™s hard to keep track of the good ones.

I see Amy Schumer has already backtracked on her promise to leave the US. Devastating news. Although @Rocko will give her a pass.

While Iā€™m here, this gave me a little chuckle earlier:

http://www.newyorker.com/cartoons/a20077

10 Likes

Iā€™ve given that cartoon a like

1 Like

typical shit from Labour

his parties actions when in Government were anti women

3 Likes