Premier League 2021-2022 (the Footix thread)

The British government don’t own any football teams the last time I checked

the Iraq war was less than 20 mate

the british regime killed thousands recently

It’s ok for them to buy real estate everywhere. No problem. Buy stocks and shares. Not a bother. Invest in horse racing. Go right ahead. Sell them weapons to commit their atrocities… Don’t mind if I do.

We want to buy a football team.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a minute now

Wha?

Liverpool FC is not the UK Government.

Did the Los Angeles Lakers invade Iraq?

What’s your next piece of deranged “logic”?

If you’ve ever drank Bovril or eaten Weetabix you automatically support imperial slaughter?

If you’ve ever spent a weekend in Belfast you’re an accessory to 19th century wars in Afghanistan and the colonisation of India?

sure isn’t that what you’re accusing me of for not giving a fuck about some cunt buying a soccer team.

I’m using your “logic”

Did Liverpool FC get government funds there from the British government when they went furloughing employees during the pandemic? I think they applied for them, from the British government, but pulled back when there was a public outcry.

You can disassociate from Liverpool fans killing other football supporters in Heysel. People killed by your football club. It doesn’t get closer to the bone than that. Not a bother on you lad.

You’re openly cheerleading it.

You’re using every twisted piece of deranged “logic” you can come up with to cheerlead it.

Does it not strike you as odd that the same people who are opposed to the Saudi takeover of Newcastle are generally the same people who think arms dealing to Saudi Arabia and rapacious capitalism and the dirty money of international criminality sloshing around England is abhorrent?

And yet you are trying to frame it, because you’ve got nothing else - that those who think the Saudi takeover of Newcastle is abhorrent somehow support imperial slaughter and arms dealing and the dirty money of international criminality sloshing around?

Jaysus christ, piss weak and spectacularly poorly thought through doesn’t begin to do your posts justice in terms of how stupid they are.

It’s hard to put into words how spectacularly stupid your posts tonight have been. This is an absolute doozy.

didn’t think you’d have an answer, nighty night

1 Like

Good night Lord Haw Haw.

That’s always been the case in the main.

But if this was 1984 and apartheid was still in place in South Africa, we would have an army of trolls on forums like these openly defending it and coming up with the most deranged, twisted logic to justify why it should remain.

That logic would be based on some sort of pathetic attempt to manufacture “hypocrisy”.

It would claim that those who opposed apartheid were “virtue signallers” and “hypocrites” and “bullies”.

And it would try to claim that those who upheld and supported apartheid were at least “honest” in their evils, and that the real problem was those who opposed them.

That’s exactly what apologists for every despot and demagogues do today, right here on this forum and hundreds, probably thousands of other forums like it.

All in the name of professional contrarianism and “edginess”.

I never mentioned “hypocrisy “ .

My point is that largely this is consistent with western governments and western commerce for decades .

You are creating your own narrative which is your choice .

Good night

https://www.facebook.com/518371499/posts/10158275063456500/?d=n

All happening at Filbert Street in the title battle.

Another defeat for Coach Ronaldo.

He has them playing a magnificently entertaining brand of football, mind, and that’s what it’s all about.

Brentford could be here all night and they still wouldn’t score.

Chelsea are the immovable object. They will win the league at a canter.

That was a great Wolves comeback today

Medical emergency stops the match at St James’s Park

Player or supporter?