Premier League 2023/2024, why do irish people follow this farmers league

He could always go back to the Great Barrier Reef League.

Always someone elseā€™s fault for the spuds

Liverpool should be signing him immediately, heā€™s made of the good stuff

Ange is fortunate that Big Arne Slot turned down Spurs and waited for his shot at a big club.

Fortunate? Did you leave out the un?

Big Ange is feeling the pressure. After the fast start of 26 points from 30 at a rate of 2.6 points a game, weā€™ve amassed 37 points from 81 in our last 27 games, thatā€™s a rate of just over 1.3 points a game.

He doesnā€™t seem to have a Plan B or any tactical flexibility. Heā€™ll be there for start of next season but youā€™d be fearful. A Juande Ramos 2008/09 style start would sink him quickly.

Tis better finish the league strongly, than start it strongly. Poch vs Ange case in point.

To be fair 2 points from the first 8 games would sink most managers. Would a Martin Jol 2007/07 style start be the end of Ange?

A stark realisation for Ange. Going from Celtic, Irelandā€™s greatest exported institution alongside Riverdance, former European Champions, serial winners, a club where the support rage if they lose to Real Madrid despite having 5% of their budget & playing in the best supported league in the world*. And winding up in a diddy club where the supporters demand you lose games in a league thatā€™s essentially a front for sportswashing & corporate fraud. I actually wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Ange join Hibs after they parted company with Nick Montgomery yesterday.

*per head of population

3 Likes

Ederson out for the rest of the season, fractured eye socket :flushed:

1 Like

And had to be dragged off

It reminded me of Bert Trautmann

1 Like

Out of the euros now too.

I said it before, another magnificent signing. Great value for just 34M.

1 Like

Copa America? He wouldā€™ve been sitting on the bench anyway I assume. I presume Titeā€™s successor also prefers Alisson.

Jose Mourinho: :speaking_head: ā€œThe only club in my career where I still donā€™t have a connection with is Tottenham. Every other club a connection, apart from Mr Levyā€™s club.ā€

Antonio Conte :speaking_head: ā€œThis is the first time in my career where Iā€™ve seen a situation like this. Theyā€™re used to this here, to not play for something important. Tottenhamā€™s story is this, over 20 years.ā€

Ange Postecoglou :speaking_head: ā€œThe foundations are really fragile. The last 48 hours have shown me that. Itā€™s inside the club, outside the club. Outside, inside, everywhere. Itā€™s been an interesting exercise. Itā€™s just my observations, mate.ā€

1 Like

Top manager gets mostly average verging on good players to play pragmatically - fans not happy

Top manager gets mostly average verging on good players to play attractive attacking football and is occasionally caught out - fans not happy

They need better players. Spurs have overachieved really without Kane - notwithstanding how good Van Der Ven and Maddison have been

1 Like

Thereā€™s 7 big wealthy traditional clubs now in the premier league and united finished 8th.

I canā€™t disagree with that

Manchester United finished 5th in that coterie, above Everton and Nottingham Forest.

1 Like