Price of a Haircut

I’d recommend Vinny Ryan, only he got whacked last week.

3 Likes

That’s dreadful timing.

@bandage, no mate. I’ve tended to work a haircut into my trip to the homeland, although I have used one or two places in the Stephens green area but wouldn’t be rushing back.

First visit to this establishment today and it was a fucking thrill. Got a magnificent trim, delighted with it. A grand chat with the gent who cut my hair. I’m usually not keen on conversation but he’d a lovely way about him.

I was caught short on time a few months ago and went to Grafton Barbers when it was open late. Worst experience of my life. I was dripping sweat waiting for my cut, listening to the horrible banter going on. Then watching 10 year old kids brimful of confidence giving complicated instructions to the technicians. A horrible state of affairs and I was very surprised to read Big Mick enjoyed his experience there recently. Anyway, the other place is a gem. Only closed 4 days a year I understand.

3 Likes

Billy O Boyles or Sutton Cross barbers?

The latter. Though I believe it had a different name now. But the Golden Elephant place. You put me right off Billy and sons.

Yeah the place at Sutton Cross is the business. In and out no bullshit. That Grafton barbers place is a cunt of a place. Barbers have no business offering you beverages. And assuming you want a wash and its in the price anyway is barber cuntishness at its worst.

2 Likes

Gabor in Malahide offers bottles of beer on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. Can be a nice sometimes.

It’s fuckacting. If I want a beer I’ll go to the pub.

1 Like

What if your going home after work on a Friday and need your hair cut but would murder a beer.

Go to the pub and get your hair cut first thing Saturday morning

1 Like

What if your busy on the Saturday and only enough time for haircut or a quick beer?

I get my hair cut in town and I haven’t had a drink in seven weeks so I don’t really give a shite. I just mentioned the barber offers a beer as a refreshment.

He is angry today for some reason.dont engage him

I’d say the haircut would be more important then if I’m honest mate. The craving for the beer would eventually subside

I got my hair cut today too, mate!

1 Like

The hook nosed prick would test the patience of a Saint.

He will drive you back to the drink with his shit

I’m going to a Turkish lad just off of the square in Thurles on Tuesday morning, first thing. The lads swear by him and him and his cut throat razor. Has anyone here gone the full cut throat before ?
I got it done in San Francisco before, by a Turkish lad again… It was class to be fair.

Turks are cunts mate, and not particularly good barbers either.

I’d never let a barber use a razor on me, sure you could catch AIDS off it.

Not the good aids either with those bastards.