Price of a Haircut

Billy O Boyles or Sutton Cross barbers?

The latter. Though I believe it had a different name now. But the Golden Elephant place. You put me right off Billy and sons.

Yeah the place at Sutton Cross is the business. In and out no bullshit. That Grafton barbers place is a cunt of a place. Barbers have no business offering you beverages. And assuming you want a wash and its in the price anyway is barber cuntishness at its worst.

2 Likes

Gabor in Malahide offers bottles of beer on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. Can be a nice sometimes.

It’s fuckacting. If I want a beer I’ll go to the pub.

1 Like

What if your going home after work on a Friday and need your hair cut but would murder a beer.

Go to the pub and get your hair cut first thing Saturday morning

1 Like

What if your busy on the Saturday and only enough time for haircut or a quick beer?

I get my hair cut in town and I haven’t had a drink in seven weeks so I don’t really give a shite. I just mentioned the barber offers a beer as a refreshment.

He is angry today for some reason.dont engage him

I’d say the haircut would be more important then if I’m honest mate. The craving for the beer would eventually subside

I got my hair cut today too, mate!

1 Like

The hook nosed prick would test the patience of a Saint.

He will drive you back to the drink with his shit

I’m going to a Turkish lad just off of the square in Thurles on Tuesday morning, first thing. The lads swear by him and him and his cut throat razor. Has anyone here gone the full cut throat before ?
I got it done in San Francisco before, by a Turkish lad again… It was class to be fair.

Turks are cunts mate, and not particularly good barbers either.

I’d never let a barber use a razor on me, sure you could catch AIDS off it.

Not the good aids either with those bastards.

Went to a new barber today in Cork City. A morrocan place at the end of Oliver plunkett St. I think it is actually called Casablanca!

Anyways it had been recommended to me so despite the gaudy exterior and the blaring morroccan music coming out of the place I said I would chance it.

The bossman who was from the small town near agadir cut my hair. He did a fine job albeit it wasn’t a complex cut. He was polite about the lack of options I had in fairness and spent a lot of time spinning around the edges with a blade. Really neat job. The remarkable thing was at the end he poured this stuff called bay rum on my head and rubbed it into my scalp Jesus it was a game changer. Your head would be frozen after it for a few seconds and then a nice little buzz. I would heartily recommend it. He said you can buy it anywhere and it is supposed to stimulate hair growth but I think he was plamasing me about that bit.

The haircut was 15 but he gave it to me for 12 as I was my first visit. I gave him 15 anyways. I will return for sure.

3 Likes

Had the bay rum experience once. Was nice alright. Certainly didn’t stimulate hair growth unfortunately. To such and extent that the local barbers advertise a dry cut for €8 and charge me €5 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wanted to go to this place twice before giving it a rating. Casablanca on OPS is the weirdest barber I’ve been to but tbf to them they cut good hair. The lads are loopers. Price for a dry cut is €15.00 but is good value for what you get.

1 Like