Price of a Haircut

That was your first mistake, allowing a woman to cut your hair. What would you expect. If I ever see a woman barber I just turn around and walk straight out of the shop.

1 Like

its the same thing as a woman Pilot, If I heard a pilot come over the pa before a flight took off, and it was a woman’s voice, I’d demand to get off the plane

1 Like

True. They have all been women. I used to go to a place in Rathmines. Think he was a Turk and did a great job but he had a young one working for him and she was piss poor. I’m too shy to offend and just let them off.

I’m too shy to offend and just let them off.
[/quote]

Surprised to hear that. You’re well able to hold your own around here.

The turks really know their way around a mange of hair.

2 Likes

Some lads are very brave from behind their printers

I was brave today and ventured into a ladies salon for a haircut. Intimidated at first but they weren’t long putting me at ease. In fact, they seemed quite happy to see a gentleman like myself appear. The lady intuitively knew why I was there. Just a trim and tidy, no blades. I was even offered a cappuccino. She must have known to look at me that I would decline but it was nice of her all the same. She chatted away, no awkward silences like you get in a barbers, no one giving me daggers from behind as they jealously look at the mop that is to be cut. In and out in less than half an hour. Quite an enjoyable experience and all for €18.

2 Likes

An inspiring story, well told.

What did ye talk about for half an hour? I got my hair cut yesterday from my regular barber in blissful silence, bar the interaction at start and end. Just the way I like it. I often close my eyes in there and would be fit to fall asleep sometimes I’d be so relaxed and not under pressure to converse. I did ask him one question about Christmas opening hours to which he replied they’d be cutting hair right up to Christmas Eve. Brilliant.

2 Likes

I can’t understand people talking in a barbers, if I want a chat I’ll go to the pub

3 Likes

Ah I’d be a sociable type as was she so we got on like a house on fire. General rural trivia like work, families and Christmas.

If I go to a pub it would be to drink. Each to their own though.

you let a woman cut your hair, that says all I need to know about you

1 Like

For a second i thought u had a problem with women but seeing as you act like one when in a pub by chatting rather than drinking I realised my mistake in judging you.

I got my hair cut as well today. I got a right dose of the bay rum rubbed into the scalp. Sensational. A game changer

What’s this? Never heard of it

Some kind of a tonic for your hair. I started going to a Moroccan fella and he rubs a load ofor into your head after the haircut. It’s good for the scalp apparently. Its very refreshing. It smells like cloves or something

I’d go to read a book.

1 Like

Something used in hairdressers in Dublin for the last 20 years

1 Like

Went to a new barber shop today…was in there for 3 clock knowing there would be no queue…perfect…great job as well…

No chat, and only a 2 min drive away.