Price of a Haircut

FOAD.

What’s your angle here, @Mac?

You tagged me with two separate hair related posts minutes apart.

I feel like I’m touching my screen into a trap.

1 Like

Completely unrelated to be honest. Your post about getting your hair cut earlier reminded me that I met the owners of this establishment over christmas and they’ve encouraged me to try their place out. Like @horsebox, I have shit hair and didn’t want to walk out of that place with a big quiff and a ridiculously short back and sides just because that’s the fashion now. So I turned to TFK to see what they’re like.

The hair restoration comment was completely separate. Best of luck with it.

Thanks, mate.

I was in the Grand Canal Barber in the basement of the Alto Vetro building this evening. It’s my regular barber of choice.

Everything @LetterkennyMan mentioned in the thread opening post all those years ago is now pretty standard in most barbers.

Is the GCB chain still owned by the small, thin, black haired guy in his 40s who’s got a very camp demeanour? I was surprised to hear him talk about his wife on one occasion. I spotted him in town years ago getting drunkenly thrown out of a pub and he was very rude to the bouncers. Filthy tongue on him.

Sylwia is a lovely person, @Horsebox.

1 Like

The lad I met was called Alan. He’s openly gay and married. I was introduced to his husband/civil partner/wife but don’t remember his name. I was told they both own the chain but maybe I was being fed porkies. They would both be in their 40s alright and the lads who’s name I can’t remember was the smaller of the 2.

Ok guys, tedious enough conversation. Take it to PMs

6 Likes

Really lovely, mate.

Are Irish lads still getting their hair cut by lads using clippers like you would shear a sheep instead of a craftsman with scissors.

Dirty bastards.

Whose.

1 Like

:ok_hand:

It’s not great, but there aren’t any better alternatives in the area.

An eastern european blonde made an absolute fucking hames of my neck line in that place. She was preggars so was probably having a psychotic episode. It gave my mrs a good laugh.

‘Preggers’? Very Daily Mirror :grinning:

Was that two or three years ago? The lovely and talented Sylwia was pregnant around then, but she wouldn’t have made a fuck up. Definitely not.

You let a woman cut your hair?? Schoolboy error in fairness

Mike can’t work out if he’s a fior gael or a brit.

1 Like

Amateur hour.

1 Like

Was about 3 or 4 years ago I think.

True, I was disappointed with myself but there are a lot worse things that could have happened, like letting myself get sodomised on a park bench.

4 Likes