Pubs opening

She might take it over so, would be a nice little pub for someone but not a place you’d want to be having to pay back rent or a loan.

Really? I never enjoyed drinking in Clancys but I love having a few pints in the corner every so often.
I didn’t think pallas would be the most welcoming of towns for strangers but there was some legendary drinkers in the village in the past.

I presume Eric could open up as the kitchen for the Chinese is on his premises. I’m not sure why he hasn’t.

Nothing says Christmas like Chicken Balls and pints of Guinness

2 Likes

It had that reputation . Athea would be another .

It’s a shame what happened in the coach. They’d absolutely clean up now if they were open. Ya she’d make a good fist of it.

If slas was run well it would clean up too but the licence was sold recently.

The story of rural Ireland is on closing pubs . They are declining .

Post deleted. Whelans can serve food can’t they?

Very true but thankfully jacks was flying it pre the lockdown. His business is growing and growing. I wouldn’t be surprised if the garden closed soon enough.

We might see a bit of reversal in fortune if people gravitate more towards to living and working remotely from the country villages, but the days of lads going for pints every evening after work is gone I’d say.

Yeah he will be open alright.

11 Likes

Keep em shut.

@Lazarus any word on guidelines?

There was a ball of Statutory Instruments issued today for a whole range of shite. https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/1f150-view-statutory-instruments-related-to-the-covid-19-pandemic/
As regards hospitality Bord Faite are publishing the official guidelins tomorrow
I know looking through Statutory Instrument 560 they have not specified a kitchen as such but a ‘food preperation area’ . The 9euro meal is still a thing anyway

“substantial meal” means a meal –

(a) such as might be expected to be served as a main midday or main evening meal or as a main course at either such meal,

(b) that is of a kind, having regard to all the circumstances, for which it would be reasonable to charge a sum that is not less than €9, and

© that is, other than in the case of a meal served at a wedding reception, substantially prepared on the premises in a food preparation area.”

That’s vague enough that I wouldn’t be worried if I ended up in court with it

My local is opening

PINTS
PINTS
PINTS!

Has it a kitchen?

The living quarters has. I’m not asking questions.

1 Like

Excellent. I’m hoping this will be killed by vagueness. An Irish solution etc.

Guidelines published at midnight 2 days before opening is permitted

Utter cunts

2 Likes