Pubs opening

A very overrated premises

A very underrated premises and a gorgeous pint of porter in there

Isnā€™t that where all the Yankee doodles go to get Dudley iddleed

Most Tipp lads donā€™t even know it exists which is great

I used to love it for an after work pint.

Of course it would be full of bandwagon types on All Ireland weekend

Where are the public going to piss when that poor manā€™s door is closed tomorrow .

1 Like

Are you the lad with the dirty fingernails who made a show of themselves at the Christmas party?

2 Likes

Heā€™s the lad who spilled a load of curry sauce and gravy all over his shirt and tie on the way to a job interview. He may have shat his pants in the zoo as well on the same day

1 Like

No sorry .

Jealousy will get ya nowhere.

You sound like a lad who would flourish working for Paddy Power alright.

A cacophony of cunts

You sound like you need to get something off your chest ā€¦ let it all out. @binkybarnes

The lower deck was/is another Tipp pub. He ran a top class shop, mainly locals, but heā€™d welcome in anyone, was a haunt of mine on busy nights to escape the crowd. Not sure if he still has it or what, but he was one sound man. Thereā€™d be a party on in a section and heā€™d fire out the food for everyone in the bar. Gave me a Christmas drink one time and Iā€™d only be in there on a rare occasion. Had a serious snooker hall downstairs

3 Likes

Youā€™d be amazed what Christmas drinks can mean to a lad

6 Likes

Youā€™d think codegreen of all posters would be able to relate to somebody with special needs.

The Lower Deck and Chaplins are both from the same parish. Hollyford/Kilcommon. Both Ryan familyā€™s running them. Ryan Rodgers and Ryan Coole respectively.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a nice touch. A local I would frequent often and would know the family well, would give out Christmas drinks of a night, say the 22nd or something and if you werenā€™t there tough shit. Another place Iā€™d go maybe 4 times a year Iā€™d always get a drink off him. If home was closer to the other place Iā€™d never set foot in the mane cunts place.
Your man is renowned for his tightness and lads would burn him over it. All he has is that heā€™s the only bar around and people have no choice. It could be a gold mine. But itā€™s still a nice trade and heā€™s happier with the handy crowd than the big one.
We were in a pub with a big crew one night and the owner stood us a round, because weā€™d drank a skelp off him. There was ten plus of us there. We went in there every chance we could afterwards because of the soundness. He made it back off us twentyfold but thereā€™s plenty cunts wouldnā€™t give you a cent. It pays to be kind

10 Likes

It was a hidden gem. Then again Ryanā€™s was a hidden gem when I was in Dublin :joy:

Ahh thatā€™s not fair now ,I give you lots of my time