Pubs opening

There was no rte camera outside so Hughie wouldn’t let him in.

@peddlerscross won’t like that

Ryan’s is still a bit niche in a way.

Ah the charm of the place is gone now. I used to live more or less around the corner and I’d often go in for a couple of Thursday or something. Be a few in there but nothing major. Then we were up in Dublin for a night a few years ago and I said to the missus we’d go in for one for old times sake and the place was rammed of a Wednesday night.
I was chatting to the bar man and he said the UCD Ag society decided it would be their haunt a while back and since then the place has been on the hot list. I believe they’ve done the place up since. Foolish in my view it had a great charm about it, and the crowd will be gone somewhere else in a few years. The mob is fickle

I was never in either pub despite living nearby for years. I spent a few days in Kilcommon as a young lad as a friend of mine was dating a Ryan from out there

1 Like

I thought Chaplins was ran by a Borrisoleigh man?

Better than a cunt like yourself

You haven’t enough moral fortitude to be as big a Cunt as I

:rofl:

You dumb knob jockey. You don’t even know what that means.

That’s the joke you simpleton. You won’t last long around here at this rate.

fixed that for you, knob.

Yeah, that’s what I’m dealing with here.

I can confirm The Lower Deck is still a resolute Tipp pub, albeit with a strong Dublin affiliation also obviously. Would have been a regular haunt of mine before I moved back to God’s own country last year. Liam is as sound a man you could meet. Paid a visit up last weekend and we spent an hour chatting about this and that, but in particular how it took a Tipp man to get us back playing decent hurling again. Racing on the big screen as well so hard to go wrong.

3 Likes

Delighted to hear it. A noble spot

I lived with one of the relations of that place in oz. A savage pub.

Went to a 21st in Holyford belonging to them, brilliant craic

If we were ever anywhere in Kerry on a bus a match or golfing or a stag etc we would call to knocknagree on the way home. A savage village for drinking with loads of cracking pubs.

Wed always ring in advance because our regular haunt migntnt open until 7 or 8 ó clock. By God when you’d arrive he’d have the fire lit and a heap of sandwiches made and the welcome would be something else. He would always have a couple of slabs of beer for you leaving then for the bus to shorten the road

As you said, he has made the cost of it 20 times off us

9 Likes

The Mother of all welcomes rings true

3 Likes

I love to watch a shrewd operator in action

3 Likes

*shrude

Murty is a Borris man but he’s the head bar man. Chaplins and the Deck are two fine establishments

1 Like