Pubs opening

What do you make of that mate?

Looks like you could open outdoors in June.

At least this decision looks to have some basis in science and logic.

That useless fuck from Prime Time wont be able to go around trying to out pubs not selling the grub now though

8 Likes

Great news, nphet must have been shot down.

1 Like

:kite:

Iā€™d say 90% of pubs and restaurants donā€™t have capacity for more than 20 people outdoors, nevermind the time and money it will cost to set this up for that or the weather.

4 Likes

garden visits are unlikely to be permitted.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Great for the places that can do it, and positive that it brings added pressure then to bring forward the opening date for indoor off the back of it

How are you fixed?

Ask these guys
https://www.galwaycity.ie/

Pedestrianise the streets.

Zch Tuohyā€™s auld fella pushing this in a big way.

Incidentally Zach is about to open a coffee house just off the main street.

1 Like

Good idea

Its the only way. Fuck the #CAGERS

Stock photo from RTE there. I make that about a seating capacity for 12 people there? How can a business survive on serving just 12 people?

Do they have any appreciation of the type of free for all that will ensue if they facilitate only outdoor dining on a hot sunny Saturday in Dublin?

What would the outdoor dining/drinking capacity be in the city? Maybe 4-5k tops? For a city of 1m+.

It will be utter carnage.

4 Likes

There are a few pubs with nice big car parks attached who will clean up.

Local pub seems to be levelling and prepping what was waste ground out the back, I assume in preparation to get it resurfaced and get some tables out there.

But they will still have to set up some sort of covering and heating for the evenings. This particular outdoor dining may only be a once off thing for summer 2021 and the costs to roll it out are going to be very expensive Iā€™m sure.

And thereā€™s not many bars in city centres with big car parks to use.

1 Like

My local owner told me she was developing the back yard last Christmas foreseeing this.

Knowing her and her husband they havenā€™t done a tap since.

11 Likes

Also in small towns and villages you will have a high enough residential element beside pubs, not sure how practical it will be the have people drinking outdoors and making a racket late into the night. Iā€™d suspect there will be some sort of early closing initially.

Canā€™t wait to be sitting outside enjoying a pint whilst getting pelted with hailstones.

FFS sakes, Ireland is not in the Mediterranean. Thereā€™s about 9 days a year that lend themselves to outdoor drinking/eating.

4 Likes