Pubs opening

What happens then?

Back to pre Covid times?

social distancing gone, masks gone

And Paddy still has the ruler out!

I think lads need to calm down a bit. Rural pubs won’t take any notice of the time limit and in urban pubs there’s no harm moving every 2 hours or so anyway if you don’t have to buy food.

It should of course be a short term measure while people in their 20s get vaccinated but 3 weeks or a month of it would be grand.

1 Like

It’d be grand for a few weeks but when do they plan on getting bck to normal? I can see us limping away at it for months.

1 Like

That’s the issue.

The UK will have lifted all Covid restrictions on this in 3 and a bit weeks.

1 Like

You could address that to any topic of discussion related to COVID on here over the past 12 months, but especially the past 3-4 months. Its understandable lads want it done, but its incredibly foolish to think its thats simple. Pubs will do their own thing for the most part and this will all fall away in time.

The whole point of pubs is you can just rock up whenever you feel like a drink. Booking, limited seating, time limits make it a rigmarole that won’t be worth it for most lads.

5 Likes

The women will love it though.

Will they?

Sure they already have that with restaurants.

I think they’ll be happy in both/either.

The decor will be all important (and the availability of a cocktail menu).

I wouldn’t be panicking really. No rural pub will enforce them restrictions. Soon it will translate across society.

That’s pathetic. Ffs just fine him and move on.

5 Likes

Jay Bourke won’t like that. After all he’s done for the country! Can anyone recall his famous line when the tax man caught up with him?

Dunno. They’d be worried about the rain and wind and their hair when they are sent outdoors because the pub is at its max indoor capacity of 10 people.

No law broken. Just guidelines. It’s an interesting precedent.

They’re not allowed book a table?

They are but after 105 minutes they’ll have to find their way to another place and have another table booked. It’s not conducive to anybody’s idea of a good night out. Even women.