Pubs opening

Is there vaccine pass rules in the O6?

Brought in lately but not many places pay much heed to them.

Would they be looking for them in the social clubs ???

how much longer is this 8pm closing nonsense going on for?

it’s 16:30 now so another 3.5 hours

13 Likes

Forever

GN4_DAT_16584210.jpg--tony_holohan_issues_update_on_potential_christmas_travel_into_ireland

You can forget about late pints, and cheap cans are gone as well. Tony knows best

Wed have had an arcade game machine in our local. Double dragon, Streets of Fury etc. He swapped the game up every once in a while. Great craic as a kid

A hand full of change and being pointed towards it was the equivalent of a kid being handed an iPhone by their folks in the pub these days.

@Fagan_ODowd & @anon67715551 will like this one

2 Likes

The cigarette dispenser behind the publican was resplendent with the King of nicotine products itself - the noble Sweet Afton.
Like many other things, they’re no longer made, a huge loss to the smoking fraternity.

That footage isn’t today or yesterday either, early 70’s I’d say.

3 Likes

My father used to smoke Aftons. Lovely packet.,Switched to No 6 later. Eventually gave them up.

1 Like

The eyes gone now Boxty? It say 1969 at the top of the screen

1 Like

Fuck it, there alright. Good job I didn’t authoritatively declare it was 1982 or thereabouts.
I’d have then been the subject of abuse and ridicule on here and worse still - had been wrong on the internet. Phew!!!

6 Likes

Is that Sean Duignan doing the reporting?

Negative. His name is Colin Bird, he was in the cast of Tolka Row as well.

I was on the edge of my seat there wondering if the elected champion of the people would guess the capped drink… Fair play to him, he got it in one. I love listening to old reports or interviews on the radio… No ‘ju’know’ or ‘like’ … People spoke or expressed themselves much better in the black and white days, so they did

1 Like

I wonder was their better domage out of corked or capped bottle

We were a proper country then.

Smarter too; Guinness thought they could fool Paddy with the old “hygiene” chestnut. The publican saw clean through this blatant cost cutting exercise, rightly pointed out that a cork cap is perfectly normal for Champagne.

2 Likes

When did the pulled cold pint as we know it take over from bottles?