Pubs opening

It was lawless. Iā€™ll never forget the first night I went out somewhere else, and no one got in a fight. It was like an alternative reality. Wait so you can have a night out and not be constantly looking around to make sure someone isnā€™t trying to bate you :grin: A good learning experience shall we say.

Iā€™ve been out a few times on work nights in the last couple of years and itā€™s the young lads built like breeze block shit houses who are gone home early while the middle aged lads in their late 30s 40s out till all hours with their bellies bursting out of their good shirts.

2 Likes

Not getting home until six in the morning because you were the second bus and the cunt went the other road first :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Another issue was when mini bus drivers were only allowed to put 12 people in their 12 seater minibus, instead of 20 plus. Driving around sitting on a normal stool fired onto the bus between seats, or else 5 in a 3 person row, or if you were lucky a young one on your lap trying to stop the horn rising, or unlucky a fat young one on your lap and the leg gone dead.

Madness. But great times as well.

16 Likes

This is a grand little discussion Iā€™ve facilitated here tonight

3 Likes

Iā€™d nearly go to a night club after it. Nearly.

10 Likes

Ah they were great times.

Would those boggery buses drop ye all in a village and then walk home from there or how did they work? Townie corner boys missed out on that experience

1 Like

Instagram has a lot to answer for.

I remember the morning after a stag in Nenagh trying to track down the minibus driver after my friend lost his glasses. They were found inside a snackbox box covered in vomit.

Easy street or maximas as itā€™s called now @TheBird has a lifetime gold card

Generally pick you up from the pub, but drop you home.

Always some cunt up a long boreen when youā€™re only two miles away and holding a piss.

Everyone right to the gate? Jaysus

If I close my eyes and concentrate I can still smell itā€™s rancid carpet.

Will I ever ā€œbomb the jungleā€ again I wonder?

1 Like

Friday 80s night in the Market, I can still remember the smell of puke.

It was an odd enough scene thinking back. Youā€™d have loads of buses going from Wexford town, which was full of late bars and had a few nite club options too, ferrying folk to nite clubs in outposts around the county. Club C in Rosslare, The Beacon in Courtown, The Hydro in Kilmuckridge to name a few.

Are Creation in Dungarvan and Hill Grove in Dingle still going?

Freddie is still,to the good, an alright sort. During the ā‚¬9 meal wheeze the bar would be jambo and lads asking Freddie for 4 pints and a pizza. Unruffled Freddie would pour the pints and direct you with a nod across the road to the chipper for the pizza. He has to live too was Freddieā€™s take on it. In fairness to Mario heā€™d horse over a few pizzas in the afternoon in the ratio of 1:5 . Pizzas to boxes that is. All happyā€¦

1 Like

The Anner had a nightclub at one stage.
The Clonmel Arms on a Thursday night.
Minella Hotel.
The Ragg.

1 Like