Pubs opening

I was there once a few months ago.

Jaysus you’ve made a right mug of yourself there now

Once was enough.

I’ll always back my judgement on these things.

I’m scarlet for your ma

Kilkenny is another kip if that makes you feel better.

I gave Kilkenny two goes at it and it spat me out both times.

Cork, Galway, Dublin, Killarney and Dingle all proper spots.

Yep the hi land was in Newmarket. It was like going to another world compared to whispers alright. I mentioned it here before I’m sure but another spot you mentioned earlier Montys we got an awful hiding there one night ended up running from Montys back into tarbert to where we had the car left… It felt like about 10 miles I’m sure it wasn’t quite that

2 Likes

A good mile I’d say.

1 Like

I never really took to Killarney at all.

That reads exactly like me sipping on my strawberry daiquiris in the 51. :tropical_drink:

4 Likes

2 niteclubs in Mullingar still going Mojos and the Fence there was same as 20 years ago, the Greville shut theirs mid 00s and Mojos opened in 2002

Paidi’s ‘expenses’ probably finished off the Greville.

1 Like

[quote=“gilgamboa, post:7157, topic:30998, full:true”]

The stunning, aslan, golden horde, something happens, boyzone, engine alley, Gina Dale haze and the champions, the Pale, sultans of ping, Frank and Walters, therapy all bands I would have seen there over the years, some like the stunning maybe a dozen times.

Dale Haze of Gina & The Champions fame used to work in the sugar factory. His real name is Gerdie Mackey.

2 Likes

Many’s the night I was pinting away in Dromina, Newtown or Freemount, looking forward to the lock in and game of cards when somebody would pipe up, ‘will we get the bus to the Hi-land? :persevere:

2 Likes

For anyone around the midlands, you werent a youngster if you didnt do your apprenticeship in The Harriers in Tullamore. A fucking shitehole, but it served its purpose. Pedigree Corner was the main spot to go in Laois for the underage lads trying to get in somewhere. Same story as before, bussed into the place, and bussed back out, busted or not was up to yourself. If you were acting up you had the pleasure of getting the head slapped off you by Mick Dempsey, Burnurd Flynn during his brief stewardship never got the hands dirty like that. A man who was literally ran out of the place after.

Manleys in Port was another dive barn, and of course then you had Loughlins Hotel in Portlaoise whose nightclub traded under a number of names, Kenos, Rubys, and god knows what else. The added bonus of here was the fact that the manager was the legendary Cheddar Plunkett, who worked the door himself most nights. As sound a skin as you’d ever encounter.

1 Like

The Haggart in Freemount is doing a decent trade now.

Absolute shower of cunts, dickheads to a man.

1 Like

Only went to HiLand once. Our designated directions man (along with our driver) got a bit boozed and we got lost on the way home.

1 Like

Was there a Loughlin on board with Micko back that time?

One and the same. Declan. Father of Longford manager Billy. Billy gained notoriety for his role in Lomans Leinster Final defeat to Moorefield in 2017.

1 Like

Think Limerick is a decent spot myself. Nancys gone downhill but 1314 is decent. Not the worst place to pull.