Pubs opening

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

That’s bizarre. I drove past it over the weekend and it was all locked up. Maybe my inquiry has made its way telepathically into rob crowleys head
Great to see it open again!!

Proof, as if it was required, that young @Copper_pipe has his finger on the pulse.
Query……
Bam - instantaneous, informed reply.

Sensational pints of Beamish in there Boxty and a game of rings

1 Like

Thanks for that but I’m an aficionado of the pub for porter and conversation (lies are acceptable) and none of this shit of piped music, pool tables, dartboards (some cunt could blind you), ringboards, televisions (exceptions for General Election count nights) cunts atin’ carveries with 7 scoops of mash, hen and stag parties and any other forms of annoyance.*

These hostelries are as scarce as hen’s teeth however.

• I may have omitted 6 or 7 other irritants but you get the jist - :pint: :pint: only.
3 Likes

When did darts boards and pool tables come into pubs?

There’s been dart boards since time immemorial, as a result of the years of emigration and holidaying Paddies displaying skills they’d picked up in the UK.
Pool tables are a 1980’s phenomenon, a curse inflicted on nearly every pub in the land. You’re liable to get your eye taken out by an excitable Muldoon potting a long red and going buck-ape with the stick.

Out, Out, Out……

1 Like

Pool tables draw a bad crowd.

Possibly not the best time for this to be launched one would think, but a welcoming well overdue change all the same

1 Like

Sure Coppers etc are open till 6 anyway so no change there.

Fake news, post pandemic

Coppers isnt open till 6?

About time really.

The 10.30 on a Sunday will have a few lads knappled by throw in on Championship Sundays

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

More in their line to sort the off sales opening times.

2 Likes

2 am

They are

Welcome news. It has the usual miserable cunts bleating online. But imo this will greatly reduce hassle on a night out.

Under the old laws, Eyre Sq would be like a war zone with lads full to the gills with porter/blue wkd all getting fucked out at the same time, fightin in Supermacs at the same time and trying to get back to Lackagh at the same time. Many a club rivalry/bitterness came to the fore at 2:50am near the old fountain. War would ensue. It was great to see.

7 Likes

Haven’t been in Coppers in ages. Is it actually closing at 2am now?