Question for the techies

Yeah true, 50 would probably do me.

Go balls out and get a 75".

Lads, anyone know how to get this off the screen? I press ‘escape’ or ‘back’, it goes away and then pops up again after five seconds. Can’t watch anything.

Are you sitting on the remote?

12 Likes

It looks like it’s part of the movie to be honest.

With popups like that it can be down to the mode the TV is in, like ‘shop’ or ‘home’ or similar. I say mode, but it might be Location or something. Try the settings for the obvious ones but as a last resort do a factory reset. If there’s firmware update try that first.

Never knew you were Matt Damon

1 Like

Yeah so the father had inadvertently chose “store mode” instead of “home mode” when first trying to tune it in. This i had not been informed of until I took it back into shop. All good now. Sound.

4 Likes

I don’t know if anyone would know the answer to this as I’m at a loss to explain what’s going on. I got fibre high speed broadband into the house a month ago and we’re getting speeds of 550mb on one side of the house. On the other side then where the sitting room is it’s considerably worse now than before when we had 10mb speeds from a satellite provider. When we had the satellite internet we were able to watch the firestick in the sitting room on our LG TV but now the signal is so low it won’t play anything without massive buffering, and essentially is unwatchable now the last month.

I can’t understand how the signal to the TV has become way weaker now despite we’ve gone from 10mbs to 550mbs. In both cases the modem is coming into the same room which is at the other side of the house. We also had and still have a tenda mesh wi-fi system to boost the signal all around the house.

I can ring the broadband company but my guess is they’ll say your speeds are acceptable and you could look into options to boost the signal around the house.

Is there an app with the mesh Wi-Fi? See what says about the signal quality. Always useful to plug everything out for a minute or two and restart.

1 Like

Is one of the tenda mesh devices wired directly into the modem or are they connected back over one of the wifi channels?

1 Like

They’re just plugged in to walls there’s three of them, one beside modem, one in hall, and one on landing upstairs. They all have green lights which indicate they’re working, as red means there’s a problem. Maybe what I’ve to do is download an app for Tenda as Rocko suggested and then try to marry it to the fibre wifi?

They are Ethernet cables in the walls. They should be running back to where the modem is. At the back of most modems is a 5 port Ethernet switch and all 3 of those cables should be connected into these ports.

You can get odd issues if the modem gets changed, the ports mightn’t come up in the right speed and duplex.

1 Like

I’d say plug out the two tendas the TV isn’t using and get the one it is working. Make the problem you’re trying to solve as small as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for this advice i actually needed to download an app and follow the set up instructions. I presumed just plugging the cubes in and getting the green lights was sufficient but it wasn’t. All sorted now. Sound to the other lads that responded too.

4 Likes

Access point at home is connected to the main router by Ethernet cable. I am getting a “No Internet” error on the access point network, despite the network on the main router itself working fine. What might be the issue?

Reboot the access point and the router

No luck with that or after a hard reset of the access point; with the other ethernet ports on the main router, I can see the lights on indiicating data transfer but none with the cable running to the access point.

All my internet access was gone on Monday morning throughout the house until I turned off the access point in question. Since then and a reboot, I am having trouble setting it up; a bit irritating as my IPTV runs off it.

It was only a 20 euro Amazon job so might just get another one altogether

Can you swop cables to determine one of the ports is gone?