Question for the techies

I use Deco for my place and was handy to set up. First one takes 5 mins or so of setting up, straight forward stuff, but additional ones handy then.

Decent user interface and can see all devices on network/turn off little bollix junior’s Playstation when he’s supposed to be long asleep etc. greatly improved network connectivity in house

1 Like

Great to hear. I order the deco x50 earlier. Home office is in a dead space with 1mb/s when in gettimg 400 in the room woth the modem. I had the hotspot on the mobile extending the signal all day from the jacks. Should sort it based on the YouTube research on the throne

If you have an old router lying around the place, you could use that.

1 Like

Or get one of these.

In English.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/connected-home-en/all-connected-home/tp-link-ac1200-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-system-triple-pack.html

Was having issues recently and put these in. Very good. @Heyyoubehindthebushes

1 Like

Chat GPT is really knocking it out of the park for me as I set my performance objectives for 2024.

Coming up with all the bullshit lingo that needs to be input into these tedious exercises.

4 Likes

Something strange is happening on Chrome on Android for me lately. Certain pages (usually ones with images but not exclusively) start duplicating and flickering (see screenshots to give some idea). Anyone know what the fuck is going on?

Presume this doesn’t just happen on TFK?

Nope. Happens on a lot of sites.

https://x.com/patrickc/status/1767603551927242809?s=20

Anyone have experience with setting up Vodafone siro bb?

Got it in 2 days ago and it will not recognise any app controlled smart devices (lights and wireless speakers).

TV, phones, wireless printer, laptops etc are working
Speed is very good

Spent 45 minutes with their tech support earlier and I might as well have been talking to the neighbours dog.

1 Like

Had a similar issue before when Eir upgraded the router. Google home, smart lights wouldn’t work but everything else would.

The smart devices didn’t like the 5Ghz frequency so we got one of these on Amazon and have the smart devices connected to this then as it outputs the 2.4ghz.

So the smart devices are on the bottom one and everything else is on the top one.

3 Likes

Like @Copper_pipe said you have to split the frequencies on the router to come out in two seperate bands.

Tis easy enough, I managed it and didn’t need a plug.

At the moment your devices will auto toggle between the two depending on range, think 5Gz is better if you are close to the box, switchs to 2.4 as you move away* This could be completley wrong

Link on how to split them here

1 Like

I got Vodafone to enable the 2.4 but guess there is still a problem with the channels.

I will follow your advice tomorrow. Thanks

1 Like

Are you seeing two seperate wifi options?

1 Like

Yes.

But no smart devices will work on the 2.4.

Sonos, a few brands of smart lights & …

Need to get a techie mate to have a look, 2 brains ate better than one,
That would drive me ape tbh

Good price

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/networking-and-connectivity/internet-extenders/tp-link-ac750-wi-fi-range-extender-en.html?q=To+link&attraqt_metadata_id=search_0_bb5f4b8b3eff6612011b21960f001871

Something on the 2.4g network could be interfering with it and pulling down other devices while itself is running ok.

Happened me with 2.4g IP cameras.