Question for the techies

Open your Update Center from the Control Panel, then go to View Update History.
It will tell you exactly which Update is failing and then we can troubleshoot it from there.

1 Like

So can window 7

2 Likes

informative rating - but by god it must crawl…

No pal - I went from 7 to 10, but my hardware was very decent to start with

No real difference in the spec requirements unless you shoehorned windows 7 onto a machine that wasn’t capable of running that in the first place.

If a laptop is running Windows 7 fine it will run 10 fine.

My acer laptop all of a sudden will not start. When charger and battery are in the blue charging light appears but when one is not in it is completely dead. Any ideas?

Pull out the battery from the casing and try it again. Actually, try it with the battery fully out and laptop plugged in.

Still no go.

Hold in the power button for a good 10 seconds. The press it again.

Still no go.

We’re you standing on one leg?

2 Likes

Ha. Does the light being on indicate anything?

Bite the bullet Get rid of windows and go with Linux. Much better and much less security holes than any Windows version.

Ya that light is definitely working

2 Likes

He can’t even download updates FFS he’ll need a full time IT guy to switch to Linux

1 Like

My young one has some princess game frozen on my laptop just play away at music and it won’t close,I can open crome alright but the music and game is still playing away in the background on Internet Explorer

I know fuck all about this, but if it were me, I’d hop the battery out and restart.
There is little a reboot won’t fix.

1 Like

Does it sound like it is working? Is it making any noise? As in, can you hear the fans/hard drive.

Could be a busted screen? Do you have a monitor to plug into?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0

4 Likes

No noise at all. The only indication of life is the battery light.