Question for the techies

Is it actually decent sound wise?

Be handy for you in the Merc if it worked out.

1 Like

His driver sings to him I believe

4 Likes

Moving Hearts will never sound better.

I have no line of sight to any mast as far as I can see. Trees. Hills etc.

Did Q Sat not offer broadband to people without sight of masts?

https://www.bonkers.ie/guides/broadband-phone-tv/broadband-connection-types/

They did, the hoors. But line of sight, while the best option for mobile broadband, is not the end of the road. The omni directional antenna will do a decent job if the reception is there.

There are a number of useful, and free, utilities to aid you in understanding your situation. First up is to use the comeg.ie website to see what masts are in your area.

Then use the eleveation tool on solwise.co.uk off the unsuspecting brits to locate obstacles to line of sight between your antenna location/height and the mast location/height.

Then figure out what services are availabe on those masts, ie 3G or 4G (in layman’s terms, snigger…)… at your house… Then get someone with that provider’s mobile to call out to you and use apps (like opensignal) to define signal strength etc.

From there you will likely be able to decide if this particular configuration is for you. It will be.

4 Likes

I have that done properly already. The wife’s car has a useless system whereby the phone works fine on Bluetooth, but music won’t. Go figure. As we use that car for family trips, and will soon be heading home in it, I could use a fairly easy and chape solution as she is always likely to wrap it around a wall or somesuch.

To stream music across Bluetooth the car stereo needs to be A2DP capable. Without this you can use the phone but no music.

And?

And go fuck yourself

1 Like

It’s a dear car, or was when new, but it’s 8 (eight) years old. As she tends to use walls, trees, shopping trollies etc as override parking sensors, it’s exterior is “aging” nicely. It’s also diesel and will be the last diesel we ever buy, so she may as well drive it til it falls down.
Any easy solution other than a £300 bridge?

I have a driver for that you cunt.

I was explaining this to you.

I need solutions not problems.
Fao of @Fagan_ODowd, you’ll be delighted to know that I bought the plainest looking decent quality interface (or whatever they’re called now) to replace the old one in the merc (a tape cassette one iirc)
Unfortunately when I had it fitted. It transpires it lights up like a children’s mini disco. No wonder it was on sale.

Photo please

Will do when I’m in it. It’s hideous.

1 Like

You took out the cassette deck :scream:

I had no tapes to play.

Shame. I have a hundred+ here to get rid of