Question for the techies

Ta. Any chance you could have a quick look and tell me is this thing a router? Ie, can I just plug the Internet cable into it instead of the BT home hub, and have done with it?

Any link to what you have at the moment?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.stuff.tv/ubiquiti/amplifi/review%3F_format%3Damp&ved=0ahUKEwjgh4KCs-jWAhVrD8AKHTzgAnYQFgjNATAF&usg=AOvVaw0z9lnULlK4-f_nM0CtS0_G&ampcf=1

Sorry, that’s what I’m looking at. The last link was a bit revealing.

PS I have a BT home hub 5.
I think there may be another white plastic box thing also that plugs into it. I’ll look tonight.

The square router would replace the BT home Hub. For the mesh setup you’ll need to get the Mesh points as well. The bundle is about 370 sterling i think.

You’ll have 1 wifi network that’ll cover the whole house depending on where the router is. The router should be in a central location if possible and have the 2 mesh points at oppsite ends of the house

Perfect. That’s what I was trying to find out. Thanks a million. Unfortunately the Internet cable is at the front of the house so the router is here. The telly I watch is at the back and that’s what’s driving me mad, the stream keeps dropping.

What are your speeds like?

Ive a few of these in the house for PC/Xbox and Android Box. Wired connection so connection wont drop

I tried a similar thing before but it didn’t work. Are these that gadgets that use the electric wiring? I think there are a fair few different circuits which may have kiboshed them.
PS we pay for 70meg which is the best we can get. Fibre only goes to the local box. After that it’s copper as it’s a conservation area so apparently they can’t dig it up (I think they are being a bit economical with truth tbh)

Yeah they need to be on the one circuit for that. The mesh seems to way to go so

Lads, I need urgent help here…

There is some form of unconditional FOR LOOP running on the Tottenham Hotspur thread. I’ve tried killing the process but it wont die.

Anyone with super admin rights?

Processor is roaring in pain and RAM is nearly maxed.

5 Likes

Have you tried rebooting?

Any good tools/apps for photos and videos? - Say you wanted to make a video of clips or pics?

Flipagram

1 Like

Did you get landed with doing the wedding highlightlights video reel? Make sure you throw your initial efforts up here to get feedback before posting it to Facebook.

2 Likes

Something like that… A lot of people sent on clips via whatsapp etc, I hope this flippygram thing works as i wont be able to listen to it

You should set it to smack my bitch up by the prodigy for the craic and see how herself reacts.

Format Factory and Bigasoft Total Video Converter. Both free and do the basics. Time consuming pass-time though be warned.

How do you mean no anti virus hassle in a chromebook? Do they put it on it and update it for you?

You’re so limited it what you can run you wont have any bother with viruses

You mean they won’t allow you enter any dodgy sites? Would they be strong enough to run a big game of football manager?