Question for the techies

Need a decent android box bud,your speeds ok

1 Like

I cant bring to router into the room. Dont have the right connection thingys.
Anyway shed fucking kill me. I have the sitti g room rigged out like a fucking cinema. Between somd bars , rear speakers and sub woofers, I reckon theres more decibels in here then when then the fucking sonic boom from a concord.

3 Likes

I have a mag 254. Whats that?

Run a cable kid. If theres still problems it isnt connection related

3 Likes

Where do connect the cable to. The modum and the box?

M went through a load of android boxes until my present,no lagging at all ( provided your iptv is good) Nvidia shield, expensive but Google it ,the best in the world

Would I not have to get my iptv guy to programme it or something?

Ya. Back of the router into the back of the box.

https://m.gearbest.com/cables-connectors/pp_134746.html?wid=1433363&currency=EUR&vip=15825877&gclid=Cj0KCQiA14TjBRD_ARIsAOCmO9aCJWmwxIontHOEiKWk0RmXaQ99mhIngnLLR8AGZTAxWCWnD4Pkns0aAqjUEALw_wcB

1 Like

Get yourself some mesh WiFi. Makes a huge difference.

Google WiFi or Deco Home or one of those.

1 Like

It’s not what you need,cheap but not capable enough for streaming without lag

1 Like

His speed is fine -anything over 15 mb is fine for streaming,as long as his box and iptv provider is good

Best of luck with that Mike.

5 Likes

Signal could be fluctuating.

Yeah true,I find VF steady,I’m lucky to have siro, had eir crap

Looks like from the picture you posted you have a pair of power lines adapters. Am I right in saying one is connected to the router and the other is connected to the mag box? These use the internal wiring of the house to transfer the internet from one place to another providing their on the same circuit. The only thing I can suggest is (if possible) make sure the adapters are plugged directly into the wall and not into an extension lead. They’ll work a lot better this way but may not be possible depending on your setup.

No need to go replacing the mag box with another device either.

Can you download the Speedtest app to your phone and run a speedtest. (PM me your result if you want to hide your IP)

2 Likes

Mag box is a piece of crap compared to the shield though ,which is by far the best in the market-provided your speed is ok and iptv ,went through the chespio route myself until I got the shield- saving money by investment in a decent android box,FFS you can buy a mag for less than 50 dollars

You must have bought a shitty mag box so. I’ve bought 5 or 6 mag322 boxes for different relatives and colleagues and zero issues. Although I do have them set up with a fantastic IPTV provider. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah,made the mistake of buying cheap,not once thrice over the years,held off on an Nvidia ( couldn’t justify the cost at the time) happy I did - I’m not a techie - but can’t fault the shield honestly,and my iptv provider is the best I’ve experienced ( tried 3 others besides my current one( 7/9 months)some are ok ,some shite,this guy so far fab- hope it stays that way,went down 2 /3 times- maintenance,but up n running within a few hours

Sounds like our guy.

Ok. Have managed to plug both directly into the wall. Will keep you updated

1 Like