Quit Smoking

Haven’t tried anything yet

As the joke goes;

How long you been smoking?
About thirty years give or take.
Wow. Just think with all the money you wasted, you could have bought a Ferrari at this stage.
You smoke?
No I’ve never smoked.
Well where the fuck is your Ferrari so?

5 Likes

I’d encourage you to give it a try

1 Like

Smoked my last one on Tuesday morning. It’s tough going, particularly at work where I had a routine. Jaws are sore from chewing gum.

1 Like

Whats in those vapour things that people are smoking now? Is it nicotine based without the tar?

Yeah nicotine no tar, I went on it a few years ago to give up and after about a year I gave the vape up too, the first two days on it were tough but when I got through that it was plain sailing. Certainly felt healthier straight away and it’s a lot cheaper and you don’t smell of fags either

Looking like a cunt the only drawback so.

3 Likes

And you would know

Was the smell of fags strong off you at one time then?

1 Like

That’s a great one but I have heard it before.

I am non smoker but hate other non smokers, or worse still ex smokers, with this snobbish ‘pond life’ attitude to smokers.

If someone wants to smoke what about it?! I know many people who have coped with horrible stuff in life with their box of smokes. As long as they are not puffing it into your face who cares? Good luck to them.

These same people pontificating are probably at home beating their wife.

2 Likes

No, a smell of roses

As an ex smoker I get pangs of jealousy any time I see a smoker. Addiction does strange things to the brain. You think of all the good things. The calmness that descends after that first exhale of smoke, the flicking of the ash, the playful repositioning of the cigarette (nostalgic sigh).

2 Likes

I still quite like the smell of cigarette smoke after 8 years off them.

You need to leave this thread immediately

Come back to us pal, you know it makes sense.

2 Likes

The smell of cigarettes turns my stomach now

Two weeks after I gave the smokes up I was diagnosed with diabetes which meant I had to go off chocolate and cake. With that run of luck I used to check every morning to see if my lad had fallen off during the night.

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with being gender neutral these days

My uncle smoked between 40 and 60 sweet afton a day from age 16 to 45. He went to a hypnotist one day and never again smoked. He would nearly gag if he saw someone smoking on the street or on telly after.

I’ve also heard the odd story where people have been advised to go back on them.