Racism Continued

What am I ignoring, he is really Irish in terms of Irish citizenship. You are ignoring any hypothetical I give regarding me moving to Greece or poles moving to Ireland so might as well leave it at that. I suppose we can’t agree on what would normally be considered ‘ethnicity’

Are ancestry and ethnicity interlinked at all? (You bunch of clowns)
If some of the nut jobs on here got there way ‘23 and me’ would only be allowed to tell people their colour.

1 Like

Links to Ardnacrusha pal… Put it this way, not many Irish built the power station.

1 Like

You are kinda making my argument for me there but others don’t see it.

Dirt poor for the most part… The middle classes came to prominence around famine times and weren’t that affected. Middle size farmers maybe, but not the shopocracy and large farmers.

1 Like

Do you consider someone black to be ethnically Irish?

No sign of that in your definition

Good answer Thomas. Looks like I’ve been banned here for voicing my opinion and putting up a Cambridge definition as I can’t reply to posts.

Ethnicity is a 17th century invention … I don’t think in ethnic lines bro. And should be binned. The world has moved on… You’ve generations of black people living in Europe, what’s their ethnicity to do with anything? African American is another shit can of a term. Many have roots in America 300/400 years but because of their ethnicity they get singled out over a second generation white person who is classed as American as apple pie… we’re just a little behind in Ireland but in 100 years, black people will make up a sizeable amount of the population with 3/4 generations of roots. Their ethnicity is nothing to do with anything.

8 Likes

Your Greek point absolutely defeats your whole argument.

The Tuatha De Dannan were from Greece, they’re one of the earliest settlers on this island

That’s a new one on me. Interesting. Any more on that?

Good read here

Look at this disgusting (I assume. If only we had a truth warrior on the ground over there to confirm the fakery) fake news from CNN

@labane1917 vindicated here.

Is this lad’s replacement more ‘balanced’?

I’ll give you an opinion you mightn’t expect from me. There’s very loosely such thing as an Irish ethnicity. The Irish are a collection of families from all over the world that shared the island together for a few thousand years. A loose grouping like that can be an ethnicity, I don’t see why not. Ireland is a family and a family is an ethnicity. A family can obviously adopt new members of all different races and stay a family.

I think it’s dangerous to deny the ethnic origin of nations. Blood is thick. The only country I can think of with no ethnic origins is the USA and it’s spent the last 70 years burning itself to the ground.

I’d also note that some of the folks being very trendy and saying that there’s no such thing as ethnicity are the same people who say it’s racist if you deny that travellers are an ethnic group.

2 Likes

I don’t think anybody is denying ethnic origins. But the way people are talking here is like they think there are pure bloodlines.

Ireland has always been inhabited by different peoples who have all left their trace. Why should that be stopped now? Is there a cut off point where theres no more allowed?

The USA don’t have ethnic origins? Wow.

2 Likes

Well, they massacred their country’s ethnic origins.

Australia and New Zealand no?

The only reason the aboriginees in Australia aren’t rioting like the blacks in the US is because there isn’t enough of them. Did you know that it’s almost impossible for a white man to enter the Northern Territories? It’s all aboriginee land, they won’t let a white man enter. Australia is barely a nation.

The worrying fact is that these scumbags are willing to air that shit in such a public manner.