Racism Continued

You can go and have a read and see what it means if you like or you can remain wilfully ignorant.

which is an opioid

I know exactly what defund means. It has only 1 meaning. Stop trying to hijack language to suit your left wing narrative.

stop hiding behind language instead of learning what the movement actually means, to suit your right wing narrative

I’m not. I’m using the word as it’s intended and i’m pretty out in the open about it. If we give words any old meaning then you’re left with chaos…

Wrong. Language and meanings develop and change over time. What a boring world devoid of imagination, invention or nuance must you live in.

it’s a slogan. defund stands on it’s own with it’s original meaning. “Defund the police” is a slogan and has a different meaning than the standalone Collins dictionary definition.

Defund hasnt changed - you’re trying to hijack it and force its meaning to change to suit a ridiculous lefty argument.

So the slogan means the same thing by all those using it?

No you’re just being stupid on purpose.

who the fuck knows that?

like esteban’s username? :smiley:

I did a google just there and it seems to have multiple meanings in different parts of the states going by the various news articles it popped up on - and that’s the problem right there. You have multiple groups using the same slogan but looking for something different - who the fuck can make sense of any of that nonsense - Reform the police. There’s a lovely slogan we can get behind … but it may not be lefty enough for some quarters.

just carve up the fucking states into sovereign entities and be done with. Federal hasn’t worked

Defund the police and when a lad breaks into your house and attacks your family you can call a social worker or counselor to discuss his tough upbringing with him

Free the Lakota

no you can call the police, and the chances are you’ll get one quicker because the actual police won’t be dealing with a non violent domestic call or shooting some lad that fell asleep in his car

So less funding and they’ll respond quicker?

yes, if you have a bloated department that is doing 10 things and you divert funds so that 8 other things are done by different departments and you streamline the 2 things left to be done well and the people doing them are trained adequately to do them well and there are enough of them to do it, it will be done quicker, and cheaper

Or @fartholey