Radiohead

If they took the best out of Kid A and Amnesiac and made one album, it would have been as good if not better than OK Computer.

Radiohead were masters of manipulation of the critics. Yes Kid A was somewhat out there but they had their guitars back out for Hail to the Thief. Jigsaw Falling into Place from In Rainbows wouldnā€™t be out of place on the Bends.

Then all the shit around the ā€˜freeā€™ release of In Rainbows.

Your man yorke has an extremely punchable head on him.

Thatā€™s true. No denying that.

Nah, Pablo Honey was an excellent album when it came out, creep was a brilliant song until it got played out the gap.

I guess they donā€™t play it anymore, probably havenā€™t for a very long time but Iā€™d love to hear creep live now

1 Like

Agree to disagree on all counts.

Christ, we have the same conversation every 2 years on this.

4 Likes

They play Creep all the time now.

1 Like

So they do it seems, just watched them play it at Glastonbury, looked class.
Great song in fairness

The cream always rise to the top of the set list

Thank god they didnā€™t play it last year in Dublin anyway.

The Bends is a brilliant album. Donā€™t think thereā€™s a bad song on it.

2 Likes

Creep is plagiarised from All I Need is the Air That I Breathe.

Surely that has to count for something.

Albert Hammond Sr et al are officially registered as songwriters of Creep following a legal action.

5 Likes

On balance thatā€™s quite a well composed list. Iā€™d obviously do some things differently. I wouldnā€™t rate My Iron Lung as highly for example but I also respect how important the song was to the bandā€™s evolution. They could have thrown in Talk Show Host or Black Star and they need Let Down in there but whatever. Electioneering is another personal favourite but no-one else seems to like it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only listened to Radiohead properly last few months off the back of here. Delighted i started.

4 Likes

Great band, stick with them

2 Likes

Jigsaw Falling into Place, (nice dream) and Decks Dark would be in my top 5 Radiohead songs.

Have seen them five or six times at this stage, and when gigs come back, Iā€™ll hopefully see them a few more times. A truly brilliant band.

3 Likes

One of the greatest. Tore the hole out of Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer and then largely ignored them for the past 15 years but have revisited those other albums recently. Some gems in there.

2 Likes