Radiohead

Same as that, looking forward to it…

1 Like

After a bit of a jostling ended up 10 ft away from Johnny Greenwood for an entire concert. One of my live music highlights, watching a genius up close.

2 Likes
1 Like

Released 25 years ago today.

5 Likes

Great times. The peak.

Must listen to side two some time

2 Likes

That’s going on shortly.

The music videos for Paranoid Android, Lucky and Karma Police were absolutely iconic.

1 Like

I must give it a listen to again. I’d say it’s 25 years since I did listen to it. Never got into it at all at the time. I remember everyone and their dog saying how brilliant it was so maybe I expected too much.
Not a big Radiohead fan by any means but I liked Pablo Honey and I thought The Bends was unreal.
To this day I think The Bends is in any conversation for best album of all. Every song on it was class.
After that I just drifted away from listening to Radioheads new stuff.

I saw Radiohead in Punchestown, sadly I was off my face and remember little of it bar the queue in and about 3 songs.

Good times

Was that at witness or some such like that.

3 Likes

Great show. My first time seeing them (4 more times since).

Must give it a spin

5 Likes

You’re doing Radiohead in reverse, Pablo honey is shite and creep is a dirge. They got progressively better after that.

1 Like

Ok Computer is a masterpiece I think.

The Bends is ridiculously overrated in comparison.

Yeah maybe but OK computer and Kid A I thought were meh.

I think they went on Jools Holland shortly after its release and I remember thinking they won’t chance Paranoid Android. Found it.

1 Like

Pablo Honey was a great great album at the time, you’d know they were a step ahead of the other Indie guitar driven bands emerging then, because it’s out of step with their later stuff it’s neglected by most,

Stop whispering, thinking about you and anyone can play guitar we’re an outstanding 4,5,6 punch by any metric, Creep was brilliant in the indie clubs