Random Hurling Team of the 90''s as Selected by Nobodies

1 Like

Sean Og couldn’t hit the ball 60 yards, maybe the 5th best Cork half back of the 2000s

3 Likes
1 Like

He’s a fool.

Sean Og was a really really good hurler . His profile , the SIPTU ness , and his athleticism all have the effect of deflecting from his considerable hurling ability . He wasn’t a tommy Walsh or a Whelehan but any team in say the last 4 this year would have love to have had him .

2 Likes

Mullane a shoo in .

I would probably go with:

B Cummins
M Kavanagh D O’Sullivan J Tyrell
T Walsh R Curran JJ Delaney
K McGrath J O’Connor
D Shanahan H Shefflin E Larkin
J Mullane E Kelly E Brennan

You run into problems all over the place with lads out of position. Like how often did Ken McGrath play midfield. Did Ollie Canning actually ever play in the right corner? But I’d be happy enough with these boys.

Teege is planning on storming the field during this presentation on Sunday

Ollie Moran for Dan Shan and i’d be happy enough.

Yip, well midleton area. Close enough.

I could be corrected, it may be a son here too. I just know they are his grandkids

As Ger Fitz describes he was very clever too. If someone got him at right time he’d still be very good today

Wayne Sherlock streets ahead Damien Real. Not even a competition.

Wouldn’t have Sean Og there either. Instead of Tommy Walsh? You are smoking too much fella

4 Likes

Ypu are on drugs.

That’s some hilarious shit in fairness.

Seam Og was limited enough outside of athleticism. His distribution was average for a long time and he was hooked a fair bit but had brilliant recovery that saved his hole many a day.

But Tommy Walsh was another level. Sean Og would laugh at you if he saw what you were suggesting

1 Like

It’s great that the Cork boys have a thread to get passionate about.

1 Like

An absolute cunt but Eoin Kelly of Waterford was an outstanding hurler in the 00s. Was far more consistent than Dan Shanahan who had some fairly fallow spells in the decade.

Eamonn Corcoran of Tipp was a very underrated player from this decade as well.

Cummins
Tyrell-Hickey-Canning
Walsh-Mcgrath-JJ
Kelly-Lyng
O’Connor-Shefflin-Larkin
Mullane-Kelly-Brennan

1 Like

Mullane? ??

Now you will accuse me of bias but there are probably others but I will choose the Cork man definitely better than him - Joe Deane.

Others may have others. He was good but not great

1 Like

Wayne Sherlock was done by 04. Not even in consideration.

Donal Og
Kavanagh Hickey Canning
Walsh Hogan JJ
O’Connor Kenny
O’Connor Shefflin Larkin
Brennan Eoin Kelly DJ Carey

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: