Random Hurling Team of the 90''s as Selected by Nobodies

go on, explain yourself?

Kenny was some bit of stuff in his pomp.

Team of the 00s

Damien Fitzhenry
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Darragh Ryan
Henry Shefflin

3 Likes

Mullane deserves to be on the team alone for giving the Cark crowd the fingers after the goals in 2003 Munster final .

1 Like

Couldnt find it, so said I’d make it, this deserved to be in GIF format somewhere.

12 Likes

Ah , lovely .

He was a fine hurler. That Cork team had some fine hurlers but I dont see how lads could have Jerry O’Connor on a team of the decade. He was excellent for about three years similar to Cha Fitz.

Tom Kenny, Lyng, Eoin Kelly, Colin Lynch et al were all excellent players for far longer periods in that decade.

The three Cork half backs were all top class but Walsh, McGrath and JJ are three all time greats which is tough on them.

2 Likes

Not even the best half back in his own home

Donal óg???

???

redefined goalkeeping mate.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

he sent me off once in a junior a football game against carrigtohill for language
in fairness i was an awful scut back then - 5 others walked also… christ they were the days

1. So 5 years into the decade? ??

Right you are

Agree 100%

He reffed? ???

kevin Hennessey?
oh yeah, he was a junior ref in Imokilly
around 1999-2002 when i was playing football
he’s a sound man- big fella as well
you’d always get him for a junior league game down in Aghada or Cloyne
Niall Barrett then or Cathal or maybe Charlie Macallister for championship

:ear: :ear:
:eye: :eye:
:nose:
:lips:

He was very average and couldn’t make his own teams starting 15. Wayne Sherlock was average but let me guess you know a load of ex county players that think Wayne Sherlock is the best inter county corner back ever?

Wayne Sherlock was average. Emmmmm.

What age are you?

3 Likes

Remember the time in 2000 or thereabouts Niall Barrett sent off around 10 lads in a Leinster championship first round game between Carlow and Westmeath. Think the GGA had brought in something like players were to be ticked for personal fouls and then booked for a second one or some such bullshit. The mad bastard instead just sent off everyone who committed any kind of foul. Think the game was played in pouring rain in Dr Cullen. I’m guessing 2000 because it was definitely before Paidi O’Se came on board with Westmeath. I recall there being a great laugh about it in the media and on the Sunday Game highlights etc.

1 Like