Rats - A thread about Cats

Pest control guy has arrived and working away. He was surprised that the rat(s) could scale the 10 foot fence between my neighbours house and mine.

Heā€™s speaking in tongues. The end is near.

Of course thereā€™s a history of rats in larryduffā€™s family. One just needed to witness Rocko grassing up a fellow Celtic supporter to the Strathclyde Police Force on Glasgow derby day last February.

Could these rats have mutated Lar? Are we dealing with a super rat here?

Paul (pest control guy) discounted the theory that they always travel in groups. He has put a shit load of poison down and sealed it (apparently important to keep it dry). Attached to this he has attached piece of string so as we can check to see if they have taken some of it next time he has here (Monday). He has put my slightly at ease. Thanks to all for thoughts/offers of support.

Is it possibly Juhlliano brought one of these guys back from China?

This Paul fella sounds dodgy.

Is it fair ask how much a pest control guy costs?

Yes, but no monetary value can be placed on larryā€™s peace of mind.

What does the piece of string tell you? How do the rats get at the poison if itā€™s sealed away?

It is sealed in a sandwich style bag. Piece of string means poison will be there when it is next inspected. Otherwise rat(s) would just take poison with them. Usually no body or anything to be found as they go off to look for water apparently.
Cost was Ā£110/120 euro.

Neighbour two doors down who is attached to house I am attached to has just told me there have been rats in her attic for past two weeks. Oh dear.

Itā€™s official then, they are in. Are these terraced houses so Larry? If they are then If she has rats in her attic, you have rats in your attic Iā€™m afraidā€¦

Yes they are terrace. Not a nice turn of events. Was beginning to relax after poison was put down. Canā€™t hear anything in attic and according to pest control Iā€™d hear them if they were up there. Matter of time perhaps.

You should probably lay your own poison in the attic larry. See if itā€™s gone the following day so you know if theyā€™re definitely in there or not.

You need to shoot the king rat, it will be difficult to find him in tht maze of holes heā€™s dug however.

Rats in the attic? Oh dear.

Not to worry you unduly Larry but a fella not too far away from me got sick a good few years ago. His face totally changed, some say it took on the likeness of a rat, but thatā€™s probably bullshit. Turns out he had rats in the attic and one of the bastards got into the fresh water tank up there. The rat, obviously a poor swimmer was drowned and proceeded to decompose above in the tank, all the while me man was happy out drinking tae and washing himself in the contaminated water.
Iā€™d consider torching the house myself.

To be honest with you I am pretty sure they havenā€™t made their way to my attic yet. Just talked again to my neighbour and she has said noise off them is fairly loud and youā€™d hear them for sure.
I have asked pest control to call out again this evening to put some poison down up in my attic to be on safe side.

You do realise you can buy your own poison larry? Itā€™ll cost you a lot less than Ā£110 / ā‚¬120 as well.

:blink: Fuckin hell,are Waterford rats that bit more deadly than others??