Rats - A thread about Cats

I would still be shitting else where Larry… They are notorious for coming up through drains. Your scrotum is still in very real danger

This one wasn’t a great swimmer apparently

I wouldn’t consider undertaking a job like that Mac. Seems to be fair bit of expertise to it if putting it outside also.

larry i think the advice you are getting is misleading. all seem to suggest an aggressive assault on the rats, smoking them out, setting dogs on them or hitting with a shovel. i think you need to realise how far the situation has got away from you. You are now in a battle with your neighbours in trying to control this rampant rat colony. Ask yourself what your idol David Trimble would do in this situation - I think the best course is to seek some form of accomomodation with the rats. They have the power and control and are currently pissing in your water tank and shitting in your attic and are most probably in your bedroom. I would suggest that you buy some steak meat and throw it into your neighbours gardens. hopefully they will decide to make their nest there and will only pass through your garden. By cooperating with the rats you will be spared some of their more aggressive behaviour. Eventually the rats will come to see you as neutral and even grow to respect you.

Ah jaysus

Didn’t realise you had an outside attic but then again the houses up north are very different.

Just put it into the nooks and crannies and wash your hands afterwards. Once your attic doesn’t double up as a creche you’ll be ok.

Poison put out earlier was put outside. Pest company are calling out later this evening anyway and I’d imagine there isn’t an additional fee.

Why are they calling out later?

Are you sure your house is a terraced house? I haven’t seen many terraced houses with a side entrance.

To put rat poison in attic. Isn’t a terraced house but my house is attached to a house, that is attached to rats house.

Larry , It’s not just rats but the fleas and dirt they carry you have to worry about…
Considered responsible for the Black Plague during the Middle Ages, rats are still well-known carriers of over 70 diseases. From the transmission of bubonic plague to typhus and Hantavirus, rat infestations can prove harmful to human health.

One of the most dangerous rat-borne diseases is the bubonic plague and its variants. Transfer occurs when infested rats or rat fleas bite human beings. Symptoms include headache, weakness and coughing. Septicemic plague may result in bleeding into the skin and other organs. This fatal disease often kills within the same day that symptoms first appear.

Rat urine is responsible for the spread of leptospirosis, which can result in liver and kidney damage. Complications include renal and liver failure, as well as cardiovascular problems. Approximately half of the reported cases of leptospirosis are fatal.

Lymphocytic choriomeningitis, a viral infectious disease, is transmitted through the saliva and urine of rats. This disease results in fever, malaise, appetite loss, muscle aches, headache, nausea and vomiting. Victims may also experience inflammation of the central nervous system and can contract meningitis or encephalitis. Some individuals experience long-term effects of lymphocytic choriomeningitis, while others experience only temporary discomfort.

Rats are also known carriers of Hantavirus, a deadly renal syndrome that causes tachycardia and tachypnoea. Victims may be debilitated and can experience cardiovascular shock. Hantavirus is transmitted through rat urine

After they eat the poison in your attic they will be driven demented for a few hours while it takes hold.
God knows where they’d end up.

Would you not buy a rat trap yourself and set it up there?
Are you sure there is no charge for a 2nd call out?

You should do the honourable thing and let Larry borrow your terrier.

larry will never his 11+ exam papers corrected with all this hassle.

Your dead right. It is hard enough to watch the Tour De France. Attempted to do some schoolwork but it is hopeless. I got on to the residents committee and local council also. I think rats may well be coming from field behind my garden.

Oh christ. If Larry wasn’t so boring I’d be thinking this was a ball hop.

Well they ain’t beaming down from a mother ship… When we get a warm spell again go burn that mother fucking field to the ground, and your neighbours. make them all pay larry. Bastards

A Larry rat perhaps…
http://nuevosgif.tk/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/bbb79_1294314009_rat-attacks-cat.gif

Spotted a few rats myself out the back at home a few weeks ago, put down a trap outside and within a few hours had one caught. Re-set it and within an hour had another caught (this was during the day). I didn’t catch anymore after that but that’s not to say they are gone. What i do know is that they were living in the sewer under the house, the animals.

A neighbour of mine, a contrary auld bollix, woke up years ago and there was a rat in his bed. :lol:

No rats in my attic! Poison put down as they could get in easy enough and are in neighbours. Huge relief for everyone on this forum no doubt!

Did you have to pay for the 2nd call out?
Did the pest control guy call you “a soft wee Fenian shit?”