Rats - A thread about Cats

Simple solution get a cat or 2 we were plagued with rodents when we moved into our new house 21 years ago after a few years mouse traps etc no use have had cats ever since and no bother useless lazy fucks as pets but nothing will get into the house

The laugh of the thing is I managed to auger a pipe with 3 right angles, then I blocked one end and filled it with drain unblocker - job is oxo. Then for good measure I poured in some caustic soda.
The caustic soda set like stone and blocked it properly. I had to rip out the pipes then. Ffs

2 Likes

Interesting re: the soda
Good luck man

That happened us after the young lad poured a load of artificial snow powder down the sink. Drain unblocker (two bottles) I used, as he didnā€™t tell us what had happened. When that didnā€™t work I took the u bend off and got covered in the stuff (nasty) before retreating, at which point his sister matter of factly wondered whether it could be the artificial snow the little tinker had put down the sink earlier that day. I called a plumber.

2 Likes

Iā€™d have called an adoption agency

2 Likes

Did you ever watch that documentary ā€œThe Fall of Yugoslaviaā€ @mickee321? Some right thugs on both sides. The Serb paramilitaries operating in Bosnia and the Croats who cleared the Serbs out of Knin especially. I think thereā€™s only a 5% Serb population in Knin now when once it was over 80%.

Yer man Å eÅ”elj on the Serb side will carry some fairly dark stuff to the grave Iā€™d imagine.

Is it ā€œThe Death of Yugoslaviaā€ youā€™re talking about, by any chance?

If so, itā€™s on YouTube in 4 parts. Chilling but compelling.

1 Like

One of the great docs.

Same happened to me near a house in the Brandywell ( moore walk) bastards ate through everything under the kitchen ,pipes- timber etc, so we had waste water and water rats ,took a month plus a new kitchen to sort the bastards,being so near the foyle water rats everywhere- knew nothing till the postman saw a few disappearing down the drain outside our kitchen,yuck yuck

Ferrets will do a job on them as will a good jack Russell

1 Like

What a confusing postā€¦

Correct

Lovely

Ratmore Wine Bar

With panoramic view of the ratlantic

Remake of Ratatouille ends badly

The North is full of rats

1 Like

That thingā€™s a metaphor for tfk

1 Like