Rats - A thread about Cats

Pal of mine did Liffey Swim. Said you see the eyes under the bridges :eyes::grimacing::grimacing:

Jesus, he swam in dublins sewer

1 Like

Two English lads got Weil’s disease after a Liffey triathlon a few years back.

2 Likes

True they clear off with the scent of cats when we moved into the house last year it was unoccupied for a year about 3 days in we heard scuttling sounds in the walls and the attic the :rat: were saying adieu not a sound since

Jaysus they just voluntarily left your house? Hardly? When.you viewed the house did you go into the attic and see any sign of them? They’d leave distinguishable enough droppings.

There was, got the attic insulated first droppings everywhere and suspended floors that we got filled in the builder showed us the same. We are here 11 months now and all good touch wood I’m convinced it was the scent of the cats drove them out.

Fuck em’

3 Likes

You’re a brave man buying a house if you knowingly knew there were rats in it at the time. I couldn’t do that nor wouldn’t be allowed by the wife. We bought a house last year and like you the house had been vacant for a period of time, when viewing it I inspected every corner of the attic to ensure there were no traces of rats past or present. It’d put the heebie-jeebies up me tbh. I’m glad it’s worked out for you.

Now there was rat droppings in a corner of my garage alright that I only noticed after moving in and I went out one day a few months ago and removed it all and there hasn’t been a trace of new droppings since. They may have been in there while the place was quiet but I suspect real reason is the next door neighbor got a cat in recent times and he’s always walking through our back lawn. I’m glad to see him walking through.

We didn’t know but suspected there might be an issue with rats in a vacant house but having cats definitely seemed to clear the cunts. I’m more interested now in why your next door neighbour is always walking through your back lawn!

1 Like

An assassin🐱

A simple cat won’t fix that he’ll need a tiger!

Lovely cat.

We used to live behind Mary I in Limerick. When they were doing construction there our fella used to turn up with a rat to the door once a week. A few times the head was gone.

His cat.

Had a small office in San Fran years back. Had an outside area could eat your lunch if it was nice. One of the girls spotted a rat during lunch so I called exterminator.

He put down poison and said, with it being Friday, he’d be back Monday to see had it any effect.

Monday comes and it was like fucking Nagasaki. The bodies were piled high and everywhere, outside completely carpeted in rodent carcass. Sight of it still vivid but also amazes that that many of the cunts could be present undetected and only found out because one dopey one got spotted.

6 Likes

My next door neighbour got bitten by a rat when he was putting stuff out in to the wheelie bin.

All of Dublin is a sewer

Was there a sewer they were in nearby? The poison would have killed a pile of them underground too you’d imagine and those ones would rot never to be detected. Although new ones would probably eat them over time for dinner. They are meant to go running for water before the poison kills them.

1 Like

Why mate?

I’ve no idea if near sewer. Even after the exterminator had been and gone, no one ventured out back for their lunch anymore.

If they are stupid enough to swim in that filthy sewer. Yeah, fuck em.