Rats - A thread about Cats

Canā€™t beat a good hunter. Our cat left a lovely sized black coloured rat on the back doorstep a few weeks ago with the gullet eaten out of it. I was chuffed but the Mrs was horrified. I asked her would she prefer to see a live one

7 Likes

Beautiful cat @TreatyStones , we had one similar years ago. She would leave the mouse or rat at the back door.

Savage.

Sheā€™d show up at the door with a field mouse/shrew a few times a week. Thatā€™s the first time sheā€™s brought back a rat. Sheā€™d only be about 7 months old.

10 Likes

I wonder are the female cats better hunters. We have a female that has lived here for 8 years and is still spry and playful and goes out for a hunt every night. Maybe itā€™s because she is neutered that she never matured.

A male cat strayed in around 2 years ago and is beyond fucking useless.

2 Likes

Serious cat ye have there. She will the cull the rat cunts. Iā€™d have great time for time for cats. They are great. I wouldnt bring one inside to be honest but if you have a garage or shed, put here in there.

They are serious operators.

2 Likes

Ah ya, itā€™s well established female cats are the killers

3 Likes

Where did you get her? Iā€™d take her tomorrow.

You can forget about male cats beyond useless lazy cunts itā€™s only in the female genes to hunt and kill

1 Like

She looks like a slip of a thing obviously a born killing machine though

Neutered Tom cats are as useful as a chocolate dildo. Queens are great mousers. By christ we had a tom cat fond of the food the size of him. Only caught 2 mice (one he was full of steroids due to the Brain tumour that got him) and a little bird during the big freeze in 2ā€™9/2ā€™10. That was his grand total in 11 years in the world

Yeah but think of all the pussy he got.

1 Like

The mother has had a few litters but I think the latest batch are all gone. If she has another lot Iā€™ll let you know.

1 Like

Our man used to kill a fair share. Shrews, mice, the occasional rat, birds (the bollix), and a young rabbit at least once the maniac. Heā€™s 11 now but I still see the divilment in the eyes when heā€™s out ā€œtalkingā€ to the birds.

8 Likes

Tom Cats are generally useless alright for killing but if you can find one thatā€™s good at it theyā€™d leave the female in the hapenny place, lethal bastards. Finding one like that not easy though

1 Like

I think Iā€™m a neutered tomcat.

1 Like

Is this woman allergic to cats?

Out farm,no sheds, feeding cattle a few nuts out in the open. Soon as cattle are finished the rats emerge from a stone wall and finish off the crumbs. No waste here*

*no rat grants.

She mightnā€™t be worth a shite. Good minors donā€™t always make good seniors.
Youā€™d want to keep her off the drink for a start.

2 Likes

I think you could be right. Sheā€™s caught fuck all since.