Rats - A thread about Cats

Our fella hasnā€™t been in the best of nick past few months. Heā€™s 12+ now so Iā€™d say there ainā€™t much left in him. I thought he was a goner there before Christmas, but heā€™s back on form again lately. Heā€™s an annoying little bollix but part of the furniture.

The auld ladā€™s last cat lasted to 19.

2 Likes

She hasnt had them yet so I donā€™t know how many Iā€™ll have, Iā€™ll drop you a PM when i know more.

She can barely walk with the belly on her and she still outside batin a small mouse off the window

1 Like

Bro of mine in Bishopstown has an assassin of a Tom cat
Pigeon included in his diet
Leaves F all bar the claw and beak
Bollox is under 2 and is a ferocious hunter
His brother on the other hand has never hunterd
Apartment cat

Ah cats, great pets. My motherā€™s cats (myself and the sister kind of surprised her). She said i dont want a cat, so we got 2 cats.

Anyway great hosue cats no trouble except the morning of my grandfatherā€™s funeral one of them took a leap too far and bate herself of the corner of the kitchen table hurtimg her hip. The panic of getting to the vet and no one in the house ready for the funeral. Soft tissue damage and she was right as rain after a week of hidong under the bed with shock.

1 Like

Our eldest 2 are 15.5 still going strong youngest is 12 and is still a killing machine spotted her toying with a rat out the back last week before eventually getting bored and finishing it off

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the job. We had this lad on antibiotics and stuff. He gets better treatment than myself. Bloods done and all. He is back on form last few weeks, eyeing up the birds out the back the little bollix.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re hardy oul fuckers alright

Iā€™ve 4 young tom cats outside since the early summer now.
I know the females are supposed to be the better hunters but I can honestly say itā€™s the first winter I havenā€™t seen evidence of rats down where the few hens are.
No mice in sheds either.
I think their presence alone keeps the vermin away.

5 Likes

Feckers keep coming I suppose?
My main fear rats

Rats are everywhere.
Itā€™s how we keep them at bay that matters.

1 Like

Sight of them gives me the heebie jeebies

5 Likes

A beautiful cat

7 Likes

A beaut.

A loud scream this morning followed by tears. Cat caught itā€™s first mouse and took it into bed with my lass.
Sheā€™s actually a very proud owner of her cat now.
I put the mouse back outside for him to play with but the fcuker kept bringing it in through the cat flap, so into the bin it went (recycling)

3 Likes

Would s/he not go into the brown bin?

Green compost bin.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be in the green compost bin next Monday morning with your broken dreams.

Not for recycling though. Landfill.

1 Like

Limerick lads are so fearful itā€™s infecting a thread about household pets. Itā€™s fascinating to see.

1 Like