Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Something quick and easy to cook for a crowd tonight with fairly traditional tastes? No curries , chilli etc

Beef Bourguignon in the slow cooker served with mashed spuds and spring onion

Spag bol the easiest… Buy a pre roasted chicken and whack on spuds and veg… Bangers, mash gravy… Or just order pizza.

Are you & your guests partial to fish?

I bought a bunch of spring onions yesterday so I’m half way there.

Those spring onions will make a lovely garnish for a fish pie, I posted a couple of recipes here months ago (and was told to stick my head in a fish pie and stick my fish pie up my hole for my troubles :flushed:) use a tub of shop bought chowder instead of the béchamel to save time, use great cheese and don’t forget the hard boiled eggs, takes less than a half hour to prepare.

I wouldnt trust the fish from the local SuperValu. We are looking for maximum reward from minimal effort here.

Cooking fish is dead quick if pan frying. You can have your veg & starter ready. Beauty of pan fried fish is its never too heavy.

Surely easy get fresh fish out your direction or in town?

Saturday morning pal, would you not take a spin into town?
Minimal effort is probably a stew, use decent wine and make a simple gremolata to put on the table, gamechanger.

Just buy the pre cooked chicken and pre cooked roasties…the lads seem to forget you’ve two kids and a lady just after giving birth to be dealing with and no time for fucking around.

A bit of time in the kitchen is one of the joys of life, especially with a new baby to be getting a rest from, no harm getting something ready this morning to go in the oven or having something tipping away throughout the day.

Spot on.

That other gom will be telling him to collect Wedges & Wine from the local Spar shop next.

1 Like

If you bothered to read his post he asked for advice on something that would require no effort on his part, He has enough to be doing and any free time will be spent on here or watching sport and not fucking around in a kitchen…there’s a time and place for everything and anyway, there’s fuck all wrong with a roast chicken, mate…

Hardest part done so. Have a mug of tea and relax.

1 Like

Nothing at al wrong with a roast chicken, but a chicken in a bag from an Askeaton mini mart doesn’t sound too appetising :skull_crossbones:
@TreatyStones is a man of good taste, he’ll not want his guests moaning about him on the way home.

1 Like

Treaty is breastfeeding every four hours, I doubt he gives a fuck.

1 Like

Some cheeky cunts to arrive to a home with a newborn and expect to be fed.

1 Like

And the lads here wanting him to cook up four courses.

Should be handed a slice pan, a lb of butter and a block of cheese and be thankful.

1 Like

http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/recipes/2011/0926/747478-pan-fried-cod/