Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Am all over that, they’re unreal. Better in fact that the cadbury ones.

1 Like

they are better because they are bigger for starters, and twice as many in the pack!

okey dokeys from aldi are a fantastic up your bollox brand rip off

Any of ye ever been in bed and get an unreal hankering for something? I was in bed there now (it’s 1.15am) and I couldn’t sleep thinking about a nice thick spread of jam on a scone. I’m heading away over the weekend and will be staying in an airbnb job and the woman of the house apparently lashes out a plate of freshly made scones with homemade jam on arrival. I’ve been salivating at the thought of it the last hour and couldn’t sleep so I just went out to the kitchen and spread jam on a very large shop bought scone and I wolfed that bad boy down. I should be able to sleep now.

2 Likes

I’m coming down with a head cold at the minute, so I hit the hay at 10pm last night with a hot toddy. I pushed the whiskey to one side and went to a bottle at the back of the cupboard with the label peeled off - poitin, and Connemara’s finest at that. I didnt spare it either, and went the full hog with a clove-studded slice of lemon. I was comatose by about 10:20.

I woke up at 5:15, and I haven’t stopped eating since. I’ve eaten 2 bowls of muesli, 3 slices of sourdough toast, a banana, an apple, and 2 mugs of tae. I’m still hungry. I’d really fancy a big fruit scone now. Warm out of the oven, with butter, jam and a dollop of freshly whipped cream, but only because you’ve put the idea in my head.

I don’t think I’ve ever stayed awake, or woken during the night, with a very specific craving like you had. I’ve woken and thought “I’m starving. I wonder what do we have to eat downstairs.”

I can’t remember ever lying awake in bed thinking “I’m starving. I’d love a fried egg sandwich”, for example.

The only other person I know that this happened to was Mrs. Moth. She was pregnant at the time, and I used to get unusual (but very specific) food requests at odd hours. The kitchen was always ‘on duty’ for those few months.

3 Likes

I often have an unreal hankering for something while in bed, but not necessarily food related.

2 Likes

It could be prostate-related Fitzy. If you drink less water before bed, does the urge go away. Anyway, it’s all part of getting older I suppose.

4 Likes

Given how hard the general stands to during these hankerings, I don’t think oul prostrate is an issue pal.

:joy:

Getting back on topic from fitzy’s prostrate massages, a nice slab of chateaubriand about to be seared and roasted on the grill.

4 Likes

So far so good.

5 Likes

Finished product. Served with garlic and lime butter and a mushroom and wine sauce.

3 Likes

Tinfoil, tinfoil everywhere. You’re a glutton for punishment.

1 Like

steak 6/10
that shit below the steak 0/10

2 Likes

It’s terrible to see tinfoil ‘wasted’ on something other than ham sandwiches :joy:

1 Like

Very nice, looks a lot smaller in the last photo but it most be the angle. I don’t normally like the white asparagus but I’m sure it was splendid. Pity you didn’t provide a picture of the carved meat.

That steak looked v nice… [quote=“labane1917, post:1803, topic:22211, full:true”]

Finished product. Served with garlic and lime butter and a mushroom and wine sauce.
[/quote]

1 Like

It’s was devoured too quickly to take a pic :smiley:

Yeah, it’s the shit pic. It was 3 lb, and started out 3 inches thick and ended up about 3.5. The thicker half was very rare, the thinner side rare. White asparagus is a bit bland, but good with the garlic lime butter (isn’t everything).

Strangely enough those eating it voted it 9.5 and 7.5 (the veggies were a bit on the mushy side alright due to neglect, but tasted good), and they would know a bit more about food than a plonker like you.

[quote=“anon7035031, post:1810, topic:22211, full:true”] a plonker like you.
[/quote]

No need to be so nasty.