Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

I haven’t been shopping but I have parsley and parmesan, cheers.

Here we go. Ready for the oven. Hasselbank spuds. Unreal. What a poster @anon7035031 Is

3 Likes

I’m just looking for the recipe to give to the missus Chef, Any chance you could put it up please.

From Weber’s New American BBQ by Jamie Purviance

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/food-and-cooking/recipes/hasselback-potatoes-with-garlic-butter-and-parmesan/article_ac0d78b1-c226-582b-a64c-f4b0519ab2c6.html

1 Like

oooft

a double clamping

you dont see that much these days

So far so good,

3 Likes

He’s a tricky hoore to nail down, you’d want your head examined to be going at him.

1 Like

you fucked up the two at the bottom, the ends are cut off and you tried to stick them back on… too hard with the knife, a sign of no culinary expereince

1 Like

The one on the left is still attached, the other one I fucked up alright but like yourself I hate waste so I stuck it in the oven anyway, I went good and deep with the cuts, i’d say you only went half way down?

2 Likes

Deep cuts are the key to them, otherwise they won’t fan out and the butter won’t penetrate them properly*. There’s a fine line though between deep cuts and cutting all the way through the bastards.

• Butter and penetration should make it easier for the roasters to comprehend.

you inspired a few lads here today to cook these, that must make you very special?

3 Likes

I feel like Jimmy Hasselbaink in 1999 mate, who made 18 cuts in a potato to celebrate his Golden Boot winning season. Top of the pile.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed that quip.

He would, no doubt. Sure you’d have be used to eating any shite with him
Look at what he’s eating today.

Looking forward to a couple of these now

2 Likes

Have ye no plates, buddy?

I was showing off my cuts and my pyrex jug mate, we’ve more plates than I know what to do with

1 Like

I have a beautiful leg of lamb cooked as well but it’s not pink enough for you lads so I’ll keep it to myself.

3 Likes

I have a lovely tomato and basil sauce on the go. Will be having it with spaghetti and meatballs