Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

What would you be referring to there now chief?

Cooking something nice to shorten the week? It sounds like a lovely little tradition

It would yea. Usually on a Wednesday. But because I was off today, I had plenty of time to get it just right. Herself will usually, y cook something nice on a Wednesday and it’s a nice touch to be honest. The kids like it and it’s a bit like having a Sunday dinner with just the four of us. Normally we would have between six and ten on a Sunday and when it is enjoyable, it can be a a bit chaotic.

1 Like

Ah that’s lovely

Three jars of underpants jam. Lovely.

That’s a lovely little tradition alright. Would you have a few glasses of whiskey to wash it down when you them gone to bed?

No not during the week. Might squeeze in a bottle of wine e between the two of us though.

Stop trying to look to normalise your drinking through others pal. I’m concerned for you. Much love mate :heartbeat:

Having recently gone through this process, I couldn’t agree more. We got our dog from the RSPCA, we must have been there a good 2 hours answering questions, but they told us a lot about the dog and his history. He’s been absolutely brilliant, a fantastic addition to our family unit, wouldn’t be without him now and the work these people do in pounds is tremendous.

Kudos on the jams Fagan, that’s very impressive. One of the abiding memories I have of my dad is going blackberry picking with him and the months of blackberry crumbles that followed.

1 Like

Goose is gorgeous wtf are you on about.

I forgot that this was an Irish forum, every lad wants a mound of tasteless meat to go with his pile of potatoes and gravy.

3 Likes

Irish mammies have a lot to answer for.

2 Likes

I’m sure goose is perfectly fine for you eating Christmas dinner on your own in your 3sqm box room in Pattayya

6 Likes

Oooft

Duck is superior

2 Likes

Maybe. Duck done properly is spectacular. Both are far superior options to the bog standard Irish turkey, potatoes and gravy dinner regardless.

2 Likes

Peking duck is hard to beat. I remember having goose though for little Christmas and it was superb, made up for the blandness of Christmas dinner.

Peking duck is beautiful alright. We had it one time in the Intercontinental in Hong Kong, one of the best meals we ever had. We’re still paying the mortgage on that meal. Every time we go to a Chinese restaurant Fitzy jnr asks for it. We laugh and tell him to eat his fried rice and like it.

2 Likes

Where would you get a good Harrissa paste in Limerick? Chocolate Mice used to do a good one but he’s gone out of the Harrissa game now.

I had a bit of duck in a sandwich the other day. It was excellent. (They didn’t have swan).

4 Likes