Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Do you have M&S? That’s where I get mine.

There’s no m&s in Limerick

You’ll get it in the ethnic shops, theres a great new one on Henry Street across the road from the Windmill.
Tesco also do it.

@ChocolateMice do they ever stock buffalo meat at the market anymore

Haven’t a scooby, bro. Haven’t been to the market in a year… Actually, he has fallen out with Johnny, the owner of the buffalo, so that will be a negative.

Duck, swan, gorilla, it doesn’t matter what’s in the tin once it comes through four hours at full pelt in some of the ovens.

2 Likes

La phare du cap bon is the good shit. I’d be surprised if you couldn’t get it in a raghead shop in Limerick

Using up the last of the apples. Lovely bit of chutney on the go here.

2 Likes

Coq au vin tonight with a glass of ribera del duero

9 Likes

that looks savage pal

It was very nice mate, something I’ve been meaning to make for a long time

1 Like

Chang Mai prawn and courgette curry tonight. UN-fucking-real. Probably a tad too much tamarind paste but top notch overall.

3 Likes

The boil in the bag uncle Ben’s rice is a nice touch

:rollseyes:

The asparagus looks nice buddy.I’ve been meaning to get the finger out and grow my own for a few years now. You’ve given me the ghee up to do it now. I’m gonna start the prep for the spring sowing tomorrow AM.
Where did you get yours?

1 Like

Aldi mate (cc @Fagan_ODowd), the were very nice

Nice.I’m gonna have go at it next March.My father grew a little plot of it for years and I always remember it was savage work for the return, but I’ve no interest in spuds and the likes so maybe asparagus is the veg for me.
I wonder is there anymore bespoke veggies* out there that we could endorse ? Maybe the original Irish/Hibernian/Anglo carrots ? (The black ones).

*NOT @Tassotti

I believe the yield per square metre is minuscule with asparagus, it’s a beautiful thing if treated properly.