Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

The missus got a new toy, one of those slow cooker yokes, this is a butter chicken that’s been on the go since half 11.

1 Like

Looks amazing :confused:

1 Like

Looks like a curry mate, wasn’t at all bad actually, she picked up a few ingredients in the local Indian shop and did a nice job.
Pity she used chicken breast instead of thigh meat but all in all it was very good.

Lash up the recipe there

Id say it was this as it’s open on the iPad

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/17202/slow-cooker-butter-chicken.aspx

1 Like

That’s a decent little recipe pal. Don’t take the lid off while it’s cooking, though. You probably set it back an hour and a half by doing that. Also, there’s a People Who Cook Slow thread for this sort of tomfoolery.

As far as I know you need to prep your asparagus bed at least a year in advance

Where’s that in Limerick?

There’s an Indian shop the top of Denmark St

1 Like

There’s a brilliant new one on Henry street a few doors down from the Corner Flag, it used to be a Spar up until a few years ago and then it was an antique shop, it’s huge and has brilliant stock, the freezers are a treasure trove.

1 Like

Naan C Blakes?

12 Likes

Love Indian food but it must be pure poison on the body. Once a month is probably enough.

Why so?? I think there is a bit of a misconception around curries. I generally make tomatoe based curries and can’t see how they would be bad for you.

Rammed with calories.

1 Like

See my edit.
A tomatoe sauce based curry is just tinned tomatoes and spices . I would class it as healthy even.

3 Likes

Mostly in restaurants there’s a heavy reliance on butter and cream in the recipes. Fair enough if you make them yourself.

I’d agree. Coconut milk not that bad either even. Curry at home would generally have a load of veg in it and herbs and spices are unreal good for you, fresh chillies especially.

Rammed with ghee aswell. None of the stupid fucks you are talking to here have even heard of it

1 Like

Not if you make them my way, kid. Nothing bad in them at all.

1 Like

Coconut milk is fairly fattening - grand every now and again.