Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Chicken, broccoli and mushroom bake tonight.

3 Likes

What doe you use for the sauce? Any recipe I’ve seen included a shit load of mayo and it put me off making one. The likes of broccoli and cauliflower are unreal in a bake

1 Like

I am overjoyed to see your sensible use of tinfoil, what an excellent culinary pupil you have become.
Would you not wrap the spuds in it as well? I like to stab them with a fork, rub them with olive oil, sprinkle on a bit of salt, and wrap them.
Keep up the great work mate, this thread should be named in your honor.

4 Likes

Would you not make a basic cheese sauce kid? Milk, flour, cheese.

you thought me everything

2 Likes

mind control?

I’m in a very special place right now. I think a bit of onion bisto will go lovely with it

2 Likes

I had a lovely dinner there tonight. Pork with mushroom garlic and chili. It’s a Nigel Slater recipe that I’ve cooked countless times. A bit of preparation involved. But once you get it going it’s a savage meal.

1 Like

Those chips look lovely. How did you do them?

1 Like

a small bit of effort makes all the difference

2 Likes

Would one of you, or preferably both, change your avatar lads, it’s doing my hungover head in.

3 Likes

It’s a lovely avatar.

They’re all lovely avatars.

Just chicken stock and a bit of white wine, creme fraiche and wholegrain mustard at the end. Thyme, sage and bay leaf for the flavour. Leaks and smoked bacon are important ingredients too

2 Likes

Sounds lovely Francis.

They are simple enough homemade oven chips kid, made from roosters but I finish them off under my fan grill at 300°C for 3 or 4 minutes.

2 Likes

Roast chicken with all the trimmings there tonight. Hard to bate it.

5 Likes

It was nice alright, a bit of cream would be good to thicken the sauce up and add a bit of depth but I’ve decided I’ve an intolerance to dairy

1 Like