Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

I agree with @anon7035031 for once

Catching on a days posting and this avatar hopping is wrecking my poor hungover head

Yea, I’d do that too but I have to grate the vegatables in to this one to make sure the kids will eat it. There’s carrots, turnip, mushrooms and courgette in there. I’ll make my own béchamel sauce later on

It was unreal… Potato and chicken fried in habanero sauce with some onion.

Did the cheery tomatoes put a smile on your face?

3 Likes

I didn’t bother with them after Glas’ nasty comments

that looks disgusting

Ating chicken and eggs together is a borderline depraved act and doesn’t fit easily in civilised society.

2 Likes

pure animal

I was a big fan of chilli mince once upon a time but I couldn’t stomach any kind of stewed mince meat in any formation any more. Reminds me of scutter.

1 Like

It’s bolognese, how do you expect it to look?

That’s a lovely looking cast iron pot, bet its a pleasure to cook with

It is, a Le Creuset. They’re expensive enough but well worth it for the use I get out of it

1 Like

The finished article last night

1 Like

Hard luck. I’m sure you’ll nail the next one.

14 Likes

Vile. You wouldn’t give it to a dog

no offence but that you went to an awful lot of effort for something that looks like you scuttered into a dish and left it into the oven to form a crust.

A culinary car crash. I’d say you were all night trying to clean that dish.

Looks unreal @Fran. Some nice variance of crispy bits and I love the way the sauce has exploded up through it in the corner there, that bit will taste fantastic I bet. An excellent example of rustic and flavourful cooking. A real triumph.

3 Likes

Cheers mate, the chunk taken out of the corner was the result of an early extraction to feed the kids. I have to say it was delicious

That’s all that matter pal, fuck the rest of em.

1 Like