Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Thanks pal

Winner

A couple of sambos for lunch… Ham, salami, smoked gouda, pickle and mustard… On sour dough bread…

cc @ironmoth

1 Like

Sounds lovely pal, but I’d say your acetic acid levels are sky high.

All I’ve eaten since Saturday morning is 3 breakfast rolls, a burger and a battered sausage.

Nice healthy prawn stir fry or something now to steady the ship and aid the healing process

2 Likes

Go to bed for yourself

Duck roasted for 4 hours at 150 degrees in a white wine sauce ,mushrooms , peas and new potatoes

1 Like

4 hours ? For duck ?

Duck generally should be roasted at 200 degrees and an hour per kilo. Bringing it down to 150 and roasting for lonGer just gives it a nicer flavour. That’s just me chief. Everyone to their own. Took it out every 40 minutes and basted it. It was absolutely delicious.

Cracking chicken and broccoli pasta bake there, molten cheese sauce oozing out and nicely browned and crisp on top… I’m ready for the bed.

Did my first Shepherds Pie of the season earlier. Was lovely and plenty left for dinner tomorrow too.

Recipe mate.

Made one last week, topped it with turnip… Unreal

1 Like

Simple enough. Knob of butter melted in a pan, stir in two big dessert spoons of flour, top up with about 8-900ml milk gradually while stirring, add pepper and a bay leaf. Grated about 200g strong cheddar and 150 Parmesan, slowly stirred all that into the sauce, keeping some cheese back for the topping. Meantime I fried up some chicken and also some onions and mushrooms and chopped up a big head of broccoli. Cooked 500g of pasta just a min or two short of being fully cooked then ran under a cold tap. Mix the chicken broccoli pasta etc in a baking dish, pour over the sauce, top with cheese, into the oven for 20-30 mins.

5 Likes

Teaspoon of Dijon in the sauce as well.

1 Like

Sorry mate. Your photos arent to be trusted anymore after your lies were exposed. i assume you robbed that photo from www.soupkitchens.xo.uk

2 Likes

2 Likes

You’re a genius with potatoes.

1 Like