Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Unreal!

Wha?

Just thought with all the food you were cooking you might be having the stations!

You surely know what the stations are?

only a right tight bastard would do that to save a few pence, rice needs to be used within 6 months

1 Like

We eat rice about 3-4 times a week so go through a bag in no time. It tastes nicer than the supermarket stuff too

Beef bourguignon earlier tonight… unreal.

3 Likes

Hows the farmed Salman from the gone off shelf in Tesco going for you, mate?

Must be the artificial light, it’s a fantastic looking piece of beef, I get all my beef from O’Connors butcher on William street Limerick, 28 day dry aged Hereford beef.
He cut and trimmed it in front of me when I told him what I want.

1 Like

Fuck sake, I’m gonna start ripping up those floors to prove to ye cunts that there’s not a laminate floor in the house, nothing against laminates like.

What way are you cooking that beef @backinatracksuit

Anyone a simple chowder recipe for me?

Oh it’ll be simple enough, dry rub, high heat for 15 minutes and then about 170 till it’s cooked to perfection, roasties will be in the fat that renders off after the first half hour and gravy will be made from the juices in the tray, hopefully I’ll get a picture of my plate for ye.

2 Likes

Do that but try to keep your floors out of any of the photos.

This is simple enough from FOTF Donal Skehan, I made this a few weeks ago, use whatever fish you want and if you’re using a knor stockpot for the fish stock make sure Ironmoth doesn’t find out about it :flushed: Personally I wouldn’t bother with the mussels unless it’s a special occasion, much easier(but more expensive) to use prawns or mixed shellfish (frozen from dunnes is fine)

1 Like

Will do, I’m running out of them anyway, it’s only a semi-d.

Huevos rancheros served with two cuts of toasted sourdough. Very filling.

6 Likes

Sunday Roast

5 Likes

You couldn’t make it up. But dominos could.

He laminates it in spices for 4 hours.

1 Like

Nothing special here but I said I’d give a picture, I’ve been a bit hungover today so cooked lazily while watching various sports, beef is a little overlooked but the kids won’t complain, gravy in the cup is pan gravy mixed with homemade pepper sauce, great tack

1 Like