Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Had a roast beef there with some roasties, a small amount of potato gratin and creamed leeks. Fucking epic so it was

Chicken casserole for dinner today. Fried up the chicken in some garlic then into the slow cooker. Then fried some diced bacon with sliced baby potatoes and added them to the cooker along with carrots, leeks and celery. Covered with chicken stock and more garlic and herbs. 8 hours on the slow cooker. Fucking delicious and I’ll get 2 or 3 lunches out of it this week.

2 Likes

Aldi kale (.49c a bag) fried up with mushrooms and garlic. Herb encrusted salmon topped with cherry tomatoes and some simple oven chips.

4 Likes

That looks sublime, pal. How was it?

Chips look poor.

1 Like

Unreal, pal. I marinade the salmon with oil, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon and herbs for an hour before I fire it in the oven.

Fuck off for yourself.

I think you possibly used tinfoil under them in the oven and they stuck to it.

I did in my bollox … The dark patches are chips seasoning, mate as opposed to the lighter patches looking like they are uncooked or ripped away by foil… The chips are perfectly done. I use the below for the chips…

I never knew you lived in a Ken Loach movie, pal.

6 Likes

A roaster snack before bed.

2 Likes

I’d say he needs a hotter oven. Maybe an oven that goes to 500 degrees.

1 Like

You’ll have to translate, mate. I’ve no idea who that is.

He made a proper bollix of the chips.

1 Like

I’d ate that

1 Like

Protein and iron packed.

@ChocolateMice sorry for calling you out on making a balls of your chips last week. Karma came back to bite me as I made a fuck of the chips this evening. Ended up more like roasted mash.

1 Like

If you hadn’t a poor starving family to feed I’d take some joy in that post.

2 Likes

Roast chicken, with carrots and onion roasted in the tray with it with some chicken stock, Parmesan asparagus, saffron risotto and some chicken gravy.

Win.

1 Like

Threw my usual stew into the slow cooker this morning as we were having visitors in the afternoon. Twas top notch, with enough of the soup left over for my lunch tomorrow. A return to form after a few ropey cooking / baking attempts in recent weeks.

1 Like