Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Fucksake, someone has to do it.

6 Likes

I was out with ‘The mother’ for Easter Sunday dinner. Smashing spread with fine leg of lamb and all the trimmings. It was however the dessert that stole the show. She had made rhubard and custard cheesecake with a base made from crushed up custard creams. Fuck me it was unreal. I haven’t had a morsel of chocolate since iv been so full

7 Likes

Made the last of the wild garlic pesto for the year there. 7 jars of it. Cc @ironmoth I used pecorino.

7 Likes

Triffic! Fantastic eating.

1 Like

That sounds outrageous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah it was ridiculous. Rhubarb is savage in dessert takes too much sweetness out of it

Had the in laws over for beef welly yesterday. Went down a treat even though there were a few tuts at no lamb.

24 Likes

Putting us all to fucking shame. Did you make the puff pastry and roll it out yourself? Fair dues. What’s between the meat and pastry? Pate?

1 Like

Looks savage. If i was to guess that’s a layer of chopped onion and mushroom or something

1 Like

That, or he just flash seared it first and wrapped it in the pastry, no filling.
Either way, I’m fucking starving and would ate all that.

Brave to serve it that pink to a crowd. Looks perfect to me but lot of people wouldn’t fancy it

1 Like

That looks fantastic Spidey :clap:

1 Like

That looks unbelievable, fair play.
Did you do a decent duxelle for that?
If O did that for the in laws I’d have to slice it and lash it on the frying pan for about ten minutes each side. :flushed:

2 Likes

Jesus, looks like it’s cooked to absolute moist perfection as well, fair play to you Spidey. A large glass of Cabernet Sauvignon would be perfect with that.

1 Like

As long as it’s not Australian koala piss Cab.

5 Likes

I’d rather a Californian … but i’d probably go Rioja myself with beef.

Rioja reserve maybe, a lot of Rioja is very light. Virtually impossible to find a decent Napa/Sonoma Cab in Ireland. Best bet is a decent Bordeaux, a recent vintage Cru Bordeaux or St Emilion.

Give the cunt a glass of Blue Nun, he wouldn’t know any different.

4 Likes

Fitzy knows plenty about wine, mate.

He’s taking about you mate :roll eyes: