Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

I’m absolutely ravenous tonight. First up
Prawn cocktail

Beautiful.

I’d be wary of gone off prawns mate.

The west Limerick lads will be along to complement his ‘pink sauce’ any minute now

4 Likes

The Wild Goose just on the cork side of Mallow is a great spot for a dinner, set menu is very reasonable too

:clap: feeding time at the zoo pal

1 Like

pizza and steak, what an unreal combination

Unrale. I’d say that’s what the boys doing western states will be ateing when it’s over.

The city :grinning:

Steak looks perfect pal.

fit to burst here now, time for bed now, as the man says

1 Like

Were you skipping to burn off calories when you took that photo mate? I thought you liked your meat well done.

I always tell them to load the curry on to it.
I’d be partial to the 8 ounce burger meal with the curry chip. I order a breast of chicken as an extra to dip into the remainder of the curry.
On with the straw hat after that. Ready for battle.

1 Like

What would possess a seemingly normal man to eat a snack box at that time of the day? I don’t think I’ve been in a chipper sober since I was about 15.

1 Like

My life partner had a minor medical procedure in Cork. On the way back, we stopped just to grab a sandwich or something. She had a hankering for a veggie burger and chips, so I wasn’t gonna eat a petrol station sandwich and watch on.

Do you mind me asking, are you retired Fagan or are you still working?

The last time I had a supermacs was over a year ago and it was in that spot in Mallow. I was wooed by the picture of the chicken breast sandwich. What I got was a manky pale imitation. Very disappointing.

It’s a roaster’s paradise in there - plates of carvery with tins of mineral all around the place

By the way, I worked in a supermacs as a young fella when I was in school. It never looks like the photos. I didn’t eat in one of them for years after and I’d imagine many former staff never ate there again.

@iron_mike - there were lads in there that would cook up a quarter pounder and then lob it onto a pizza. Curry sauce dip on the side.

In the summers, I ate the stuff five days a week when working there. No wonder my hurling career stalled At 16. Eventually i just started making toasted sandwiches in there

1 Like